SWITCH Passed!!!

peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi TE,

I sat the SWITCH exam today and passed!!! WOOHOO!!! I must say that the pool of questions that I had was really keen on attention to detail. In addition, I would highly suggest the reading and rereading of the Foundation Learning Guide to all that are interested in this exam. I did my very own review of the "suspect" questions from my test once I got home... I will admit that the FLG covered most if not all of them. I think during my studies... some of the finer points I glanced over!! Anyhow, 1 down and 2 two to go. Now I must wait for my ROUTE FLG to come in the mail... I'll probably tackle some voice stuff (maybe even my CCNA VOICE that I put off) while I wait for my new tome. Thanks...

-Peanut
We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker

Comments

• NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

icon_thumright.gif
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Congrats on the pass! I wonder if the Safari access that comes with the FLG will allow you to start reading the ROUTE FLG online while waiting for the book to come? Again great job and great suggestion to reviewing the FLG a 2nd time for attention to detail
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats dude!
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    down77 wrote: »
    I wonder if the Safari access that comes with the FLG will allow you to start reading the ROUTE FLG online while waiting for the book to come?

That's a great thought... This hadn't crossed my mind. I have the 45-day Safari online access. I'm going to give that a shot... I'll post my findings...

-Peanut

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    congrats! glad to see it is actually possible to pass this exam i was starting to wonder...
    WIP: IPS exam
    congrats! glad to see it is actually possible to pass this exam i was starting to wonder...

Thanks! I will honestly say that the exam was not too bad... I think most people (myself included) make the mistake of labbing until we see commands in our sleep icon_lol.gif! This is an excellent way of learning, but Cisco throws questions at you that really make you recall what you read in a book or why a feature works the way it does. Those are the questions that you don't get on the command line unfortunately... In the end, its very rewarding once you're done! Good luck on your studies... and thanks to all for the congrats!

-Peanut

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Very cool. As others have said...i'm starting to have hope that I will be able to knock out the SWITCH exam when I get ready to take it. How long did you study for it and what combination of reference material/labs did you do to prepare?
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    Congrats on the pass!
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Congratulations!

Also, thanks for giving the rest of us some hope, hahah!
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ahem,

What did I tell you??? I told you you would PASS!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!

So when is yr ROUTE exam?

Note: I can also second the nomination for the FLG!!! It rocks!!!

Regards,
    David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
    Ahem,

What did I tell you??? I told you you would PASS!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!

So when is yr ROUTE exam?

Note: I can also second the nomination for the FLG!!! It rocks!!!

Regards,
    David

Thanks David,

You indeed told me I would pass... thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm not sure when I'm going to do the exam. I think I'm going to really take my time with this one. The reason being, I don't work on the WAN stuff too often. Aside from occasionally configuring EIGRP in a very rudiment fashion for internal route advertisement. So I'm going to have to really key in on some of these topics such as BGP... I've never touched it in a production environment... so we'll see. I'm thinking early 2011 is when I'll probably feel the most comfortable with the routing protocols faced in the ROUTE exam! Thanks to all...

-Peanut

-Mayor Cory Booker
    I think I'm going to really take my time with this one. The reason being, I don't work on the WAN stuff too often.

LOL, I was just reading this and I thought "damn we are like exact opposites"

For example, the ROUTE was easier for me because I do almost everything in it on a daily basis! I took my time with the SWITCH exam because on our core we don't use Cisco switches, we use another vendor...

It's good to see you have already set a date for early 2011!!! Good luck in your prep!!!

Regards,
    David
  • creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    OK, that's two people from here who aren't ready to kill someone after taking the exam :)

The experiences from peanut and david make it seem like it's two different exams altother, though :)

Still, I feel better :)
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm glad to see people passing SWITCH as I've heard a lot about how tricky it is. For myself, I'm happy I just need ROUTE and TSHOOT.

I should do fine on ROUTE as it is more interesting than BCMSN/SWITCH was, and my lab is better suited for ROUTE. I have more than enough switches, but BCMSN wanted you to lab up WLAN controllers and who can afford those for a home lab?

Anyhow, congrats again to those who have slain the new beast.

icon_thumright.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    passed

Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Netwurk wrote: »
    I should do fine on ROUTE as it is more interesting than BCMSN/SWITCH was

I couldn't agree more!!! The ROUTE was SOOOOOO fun!!!

Regards,
    David
  • *BB**BB* Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Seeing these passing posts are great. I'm looking forward to coming home from vacation and cracking the book again.
    Procrastinator extraordinaire
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So would you recommend the FLG as a second study source to the Official Cert Guides? I ask because I have the cert guides already but have found having 2 sources works out better.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
    I would use the FLG as a main study source and the Official SWITCH book as a 2nd resource... just my personal opinion :)

Regards,
    David
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    VERY nice congrats! Good to hear someone taking and passing this exam recently!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.