Failed BSCI

JASON123JASON123 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am a little bit bummed out right now. I was 2 points away from passing. I was surprised by a couple of things. First, there were no questions on NAT. Secondly, there were a ton of questions on IPv6. I would probably say that I got around 10 questions on IPv6. Also, there was a strange question with a router connected to two other routers through its fa 0/0 port and they wanted one router to receive updates and the other not to. That isn't the weird thing the weird thing is that the routing protocol was rip and it had neighbor statements in it. That kinda threw me off. Anyways, depressing times.

Comments

• tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Neighbor statements are beneficial when you want to control who receives routing updates. Most IGPs use multicast or broadcast to communicate routes. To stop this you use the passive interface command with the neighbor command. This stops broadcast/multicast advertisements and replaces them with unicast advertisements.

The weird thing that I saw with RIP, when I took the CCIE R&S written, was using secondary interfaces to make contiguous networks.
  • JASON123JASON123 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Funny thing is that when I researched the question after the exam, I found that I answered correctly. The only problem and I am sure you understand that if you don't know that something like that exsists then it is almost impossible to find in the cisco white pages unless you know exactly what you are looking for. I now decided to buy the Sybex CCNP study guide because there were other things that threw me off such as Level 0 and Level 3 routing in IS-IS when Cisco only talked about the two levels of routing. Some things I am able to use logic such as the rip with neighbor statement questions because I can understand that you wouldn't place the neighbor statement to the router that you want to block messages from, but some of the questions I was thinking "where the heck are they pulling these from?"
  • DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Yeah, BSCI threw a couple loopy questions at me about EIGRP (which, right now, I can't for the life of me remember... but it's monday and the caffeine hasn't kicked in yet).

I've come to the conclusion that Cisco exams are battles for survival ;)
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=