Planning to get A+ 2009 701 these year..

qwerty90()qwerty90() Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Guys,

These is my first post here.

I have a plan to take A+ 2009 these year and I'm helping myself through self study like reading PDF books.

I'd like to ask an hints or advise which topics need to review more.

Thanks a lot. icon_cool.gif

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hey Querty,

First off, welcome to TE!

In terms of studying for the A+, make sure when going into the test that you thoroughly understand all the objectives. They are available at the CompTIA website.

Professor Messer is offering his A+ and Net+ exam materials online for free. See bleow:
    Professor Messer, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Nework+, Certification Training

If you plan on going for A+, I would say pick up the trinity while you're at it (A+, Net+, Sec+). If you complete any or all of these exams by the end of this year, they will retain their lifetime shelf life (if you are DoD this is different).
  • qwerty90()qwerty90() Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Rogue,

Many thanks.

by these forum I've learned we have free training videos from Professor Messers.

Now I'm starting to view all his free videos in Youtube. It's very interesting...
    qwerty90() wrote: »
    Hi Rogue,

Many thanks.

by these forum I've learned we have free training videos from Professor Messers.

Now I'm starting to view all his free videos in Youtube. It's very interesting...

I'm glad my advice helped :). If you have any further questions feel free to holler. The information this forum provides is priceless.
    I'm glad my advice helped :). If you have any further questions feel free to holler. The information this forum provides is priceless.

I'd like to ask if there's a need to memorize the lecture on A+ word for word or just be familiar on it.

Like Types of Processors.
    Types of memory SDRAM, DDR, DDR2, DDR3 and frequency like PC1600

Just an idea please..
    I just passed these morning in 701 with the score of 783. icon_cool.gif

Next 702.
  • biker_dudebiker_dude Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Dude!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! Don't wait too long to take the 702 as there is a lot of overlap on the tests.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Ivanr4g63Ivanr4g63 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Most of my fellow co-workers mentioned that the 702 is a bit easier, I personally thought it was the same... now that you got a great idea of what the 701 was like you should be able to prepare yourself better and pass!

We wish you the best, and remember not to get too confident though, study, grasp the exam objectives and best of lucks!
    thanks dude..

I've got an idea regading the exam.. like need to take time,, relax and focus and read the questions at least 3 times to understand better.

I will take 702 1st week of Nov.
    Congrats man!! I'm sure you'll kill the 702.
    I've just completed the 2 exams for being A+ Certified.

It was more easy than 701 for me. Thanks.

Next CCENT.
    Congrats man and GL on the CCENT! :)
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    in hindsight do you thinkyou could have done them both the same day? mine is coming up, and I think I want to do both on the same day
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I took the old 60x version but there was so much overlap, and I hear there still is, that it's a good idea to do both the same day.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    in hindsight do you thinkyou could have done them both the same day? mine is coming up, and I think I want to do both on the same day

for me it's better to do the testing in separate week.

to take rest of our brain. icon_cheers.gif
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    well, I scheduled both of mine for next friday
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • tables80tables80 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    First post here, Hello all, Stu from UK.
    I am too about to book my 701 exam, hoping to get them done this year.

You mentioned in a post about Processors,I would be interested in this answer too.
    Many thanks
    Also congratulations on the pass!

I'd like to ask if there's a need to memorize the lecture on A+ word for word or just be familiar on it.
    Like Types of Processors.
    Types of memory SDRAM, DDR, DDR2, DDR3 and frequency like PC1600