Passed ICND2 today, tips inside

JZegersJZegers Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just passed ICND2 today on the first shot. In the last month i went from knowing zero about networking to passing ICND1 and ICND2 (2 weeks each).

Just some tips on what i did. I HIGHLY recommend CBT Nuggets video series for each. I watched the video series then i would go and read the chapters that corresponded with it from Sybex (Todd Lammel). Doing things that way seemed to make a whole lot more sense and the content stuck better than just reading from a book by itself.

Thanks all for posting info on here as well, that answered a lot of the questions i had about the exams and other things as well.

Onward to MCITP

Comments

• chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats, don't forget to update your Cert List!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment to do the 2 test route in 1 month. I plan to take several months to do the 2 test route myself.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Did you have any experiance walking in?
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • JZegersJZegers Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The only thing i knew going on was how to subnet a bit, other than that id never touched anything cisco or any brand for that matter
    Did you at least lab with a simulator or something?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    yeah i forgot to mention that, i simmed the hell out of everything
    What simulator did you use? I'm still trying to decide which one I'm going to use.
    the one that came with the sybex ccna cert test kit
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    JZegers wrote: »
    yeah i forgot to mention that, i simmed the hell out of everything

LOL thats the way to do it :)
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • erfolg255erfolg255 Banned Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wow, Coongrats :) I have one month left for my CCNA Exam , a bit scary though,icon_study.gif

Currently Studying: CCNA
  • Carpe JugulemCarpe Jugulem Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Like Whoa! Awesome accomplishment, man! I'm green with envy! icon_cool.gif
  • lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    WOW I am impressed. Did you get the Network+ cert and did you really not have any experience? congrats go on and get the whole series icon_smile.gif ....JEALOUS.lol
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,
  • mtorresmtorres Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, i'm starting my ICND2 studies this week. Took 2 weeks off after the ICND1, just because I have a ton of birthdays at the end of September and beginning of October.
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Wow, almost an impossible one ha. from zero to CCNA in 1 month, I hope you remember all the topics specially the switch and router configuration. Maybe you have "a beautiful mind" (from Russel Crowe movie). I am already an admin for many years and with MCSE on my belt but I finished my CCNA after 4 months of studies. Well, just remember, learning is the key.... Congratulations again...
  • thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    Congrats dude.
    That is awesome, CCNA in a month. I have been studying since April, I think, and planning to take the test this month.

Are you getting the CBT nuggets for MCITP?
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • notun1notun1 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A big congratulation!!!
    ===============
    Currently working on 642-902 ROUTE

CCNP_ROUTE_642-902_Official_Certification_Guide(80%)
    GNS3 LAB: (50%)
    CBT_Nuggets: (80%)
    Routing TCPIP, Volume I and II (0%)
    642-902_Foundation_Learning_Guide (0%)