Deadline for the A+ without having to recertify?

Computer idiotComputer idiot Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
I heard that if you pass the A+ this year, you keep the certification for life. But if you pass it the next year, you'll have to recertify every so often. True?

Comments

• NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I heard that if you pass the A+ this year, you keep the certification for life. But if you pass it the next year, you'll have to recertify every so often. True?

True after next year you wil needto re cert every 3 years.
    CompTIA Certification Renewal Policy
    CompTIA Certification Renewal Policy
    As of January 1, 2011, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+ certifications are valid for three years from the date the candidate becomes certified. A “valid through” date will appear on all certificates and certificate holder CompTIA ID cards. You can read CompTIA President and CEO Todd Thibodeaux's message on the certification renewal policy here.
    Certification Renewal Policy
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    "For life" is relative to non-DoD/contracting individuals. If your agency falls under the 8570 directive you will most likely have no choice but to take the CompTIA CE (3 year renewal program) option. I believe the cert that has to be renewed is the one which pertains to your position within the model aka the cert thats keeping you employed at that level (example: you're IAT II and Security+ keeps you compliant).
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Yeah this is a large gray area. The certs are VALID for life, but a lot of employers will still require a current CE cert in order to hire or remain employed. My current A+ and Net+ are valid for life, as well as Sec+ will be when I pass it soon. My employer doesn't have anything that says i HAVE to keep them current, but, just for my own well being I MIGHT enroll in CE anyway. You will have until Dec, 31 2011 I believe to decide weather or not to enroll.