The CCNP requires
- Route (642-902)
- Switch (642-813)
- Tshoot (642-832)

The CCDP requires
- Route (642-902)
- Switch (642-813)
- Arch (642-873)

So my question is, if you pass the CCNP (or CCDP) do you only need to take the Arch or Tshoot exam to get the other cert?

Comments

• down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Both have the common requirement of Route and Switch. The CCNP requires TShoot to complete the credential while the CCDP would require a valid CCDA AND Arch exam.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yep, just do the CCDA and the ARCH and you're set. That's what I did. I figured the CCDP was only two additional exams (CCDA/ARCH) so there was no reason NOT to do it.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    yep you need the ccda to get the ccdp. but other than that its jsut one exam between them and the CCNP/CCDP level
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • livenliven Member Posts: 918
    This is cool,

but if I get CCDA, in a few months. Will it be to late to apply the BCMSN and BSCI to the CCDP track?

Can still just pass the ARCH exam and be good to go?
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think if you pass the arch that will be ok. Then when you earn the CCDA you will get the CCDP as well.
  • wolverene13wolverene13 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    liven wrote: »
    This is cool,

but if I get CCDA, in a few months. Will it be to late to apply the BCMSN and BSCI to the CCDP track?

If you already took the BSCI and BCMSN prior to July 30, 2010, you are grandfathered in and they count towards the cert. I worried about the same thing with the CCNP. I took the BSCI and the BCMSN and then Cisco came out with ROUTE, SWITCH and TSHOOT. I almost had a heart attack thinking I was going to have to take them all over again, but I discovered that as long as you took them and passed, it's fine.
    Currently Studying: CCIP - 642-611 - MPLS
    CCIP Progress: [x] BSCI
    [x] BGP
    [ ] MPLS
    [ ] QoS
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    liven wrote: »
    This is cool,

Your test results are good for three years. So whichever one you took first, you have until the third anniversary of that pass to complete ARCH and they'll both be good.