CBT nuggets video for CCNA wireless exam

dspeltzdspeltz Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know if you need the actual equipment too or if you have the hands on at work, Cisco press book, and CBT nuggets should be enough?
Thanks,
Drew
070-215, 220-301, 220-302, 640-802, N10-004, 640-721 certified
Next: SY0-201

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've not taken the exam myself... but the few people that have passed the exam has mentioned that they did it with very limited access to equipment... just a thought! HTH.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Here's a quote from another forum post in the CCNA Wireless section:
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    I know around ten guys with the CCNA Wireless and none of them used real equipment. It's just too cost prohibitive. If you were talking about the professional level wireless track I'd say otherwise, but for the CCNA Wireless you should be fine with just study material.

HTH

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The Good News for the CCNA:Wireless
    mikej412 wrote: »
    On one hand you need some expensive equipment to lab up the tasks for the CCNA:Wireless course -- Couple of the Wireless Lan Controllers (WLC2106 and WLC526) and a couple each of the supported Access Points/Lightweight Access Points.

On the other hand Cisco seems to have taken pity on people and didn't write an exam that only people with a $5000+ wireless lab can pass....

And the Bad News:
    Don't worry, they'll get you on the CCNP Wireless

And the rest of that post telling you why you should worry:
    Toss in a Wireless Voice Lab (and some CCNA:Voice & CCVP knowlege) to the CCNA:Wireless suggested hardware and THEN you have a good CCNP Wireless Lab.

Wireless rack rentals do exist now:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-wireless/57570-wireless-rack-rental.html#post444764
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • dspeltzdspeltz Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks.....but I have equipment at work that I have and can utilize like 2106/4402/WCS/WLC and several different models for AP's/antennas to get my feet wet.
    Thanks,
    Drew
    070-215, 220-301, 220-302, 640-802, N10-004, 640-721 certified
    Next: SY0-201