CCSA vs CCSE

JstnJstn Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
What's the main difference between the two certifications? I have been seeing a lot about CCSA but nothing about CCSE. Googling around a bit hasn't helped either. Is one more valuable than the other?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are you going for any of these certs soon?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hah, doubt it. I have more than enough to keep me busy. Maybe someday though. Checkpoint is a huge for firewalls, so it would probably be a good idea to learn about them at some point.
    I changed my cert plan because the 2nd level noc guys require a ccsa. And since I would like to be there asap, I think it would be helpful.

Its funny, checkpoint is big but you don't see jobs requiring the CCSA (at least for net engineers).
  • SettSett Member Posts: 187
    Hi Guys,
    Is it mandatory to have CCSA to obtain CCSE ? I want to pursue some some Checkpoint cert, but as I have the experience I want to jump to CCSE directly. A guy from the job told me that it's possible, from what I saw in the website it looks like as CCSA is mandatory prerequisite.
    Non-native English speaker
    Sett wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Is it mandatory to have CCSA to obtain CCSE ? I want to pursue some some Checkpoint cert, but as I have the experience I want to jump to CCSE directly. A guy from the job told me that it's possible, from what I saw in the website it looks like as CCSA is mandatory prerequisite.

I don't believe the CCSA is a prereq for the CCSE although it is suggested:

Check Point Security Expert (CCSE)
    I don't believe the CCSA is a prereq for the CCSE although it is suggested:

Check Point Security Expert (CCSE)
    Not only suggested. Under the "Exam" tab:
    Mandatory Prerequisites
    • CCSA R70 or CCSA R70 Upgrade Certification; or CCSA R70/R71 or CCSA R70/71 Upgrade Certification
    • 6 months to 1 year of experience with Check Point products
    I didn't see that. Sorry.
    On the VUE site, CCSA is also listed as prerequisite:

Check Point Certified Security Expert R70 (Prerequisite: 156-215.70)

Looks like I'll have to go for CCSA first icon_sad.gif
    Probably it will be wise to wait until R71 comes. I have CCIP to finish before that anyway.