Options

Exams Scheduled

JoshD779JoshD779 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I'm taking the 701 next Monday and the 702 the following Monday. To prepare, I read the ILT books cover to cover, I've spent a lot of time with Labsim, and I'm reviewing and filling in the blanks with Mike Meyers. If all goes according to plan, I'll be A+ certified exactly two weeks from now. That will be my first "resume cert". I'm a bit nervous but cautiously optimistic.
WGU BS-IT Network Design and Management

Complete: EWB, LAC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1, WFV1, INC1, INT1, TEV1, TTV1, HVC1, HVT1, TNV1, CLC1, TSV1, LET1, TPV1, ORC1

Que:
AKV1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, MGC1, SSC1, SST1, ABV1, AHV1, AIV1,BHV1, BIV1, TWA1, CPW3

Comments

• Options
    WillTech105WillTech105 Member Posts: 216
    Nice -- I'm not sure if you have any real-world experience but after like 6-12 months in the field a lot of the questions in the A+ get MUCH easier but great for someone breaking into the field.

Hope all goes well!
    In Progress: CCNP ROUTE
  • Options
    I got an 805 on the Essentials exam today. I can say that the Labsim practice exams were the closest to the real deal. I did see a couple of seemingly odd-ball questions about things I'd never read about, but I met the minimum goal I'd set for myself which was to score at least an 800. So it's on to the 702 next Monday.

icon_cheers.gif

Complete: EWB, LAC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1, WFV1, INC1, INT1, TEV1, TTV1, HVC1, HVT1, TNV1, CLC1, TSV1, LET1, TPV1, ORC1

Que:
    AKV1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, MGC1, SSC1, SST1, ABV1, AHV1, AIV1,BHV1, BIV1, TWA1, CPW3
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats and good luck next week.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    Welp, I took the 702 today. I started feeling pretty nervous towards the end of the exam. It was a bit harder than the 701, but I passed with an 800. I'm now A+ certified!.... Lifetime cert too! That also finishes my second term at WGU.

I can recommend LabSim for A+ preparation. I have no professional background in IT and the ILT books along with LabSim prepared me pretty darn well.

So next on the agenda is the Network+. My ILT book came in today and I'm all set up on LabSim. I will however take a couple of days off to relax a bit and not do anything school related. I've been in hard core study mode for the last couple of months and a break is in order.

It's been a good day.icon_cool.gif

Que:
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    I can tell you this much. The ILT book isn't very good but the Labsim is for the Net+.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.