Options

70-284

Anybody out there have any experience with 70-284 Exchange Server 2003?

I am about a week in with my studying and I was just wanting to hear from others that haven taken this test on what I should expect? Is it one of the more difficult ones or do I not need to worry too much?

I have the Sybex Study guide, the transcender practice exam and I have built a test server to do the excerises in the book with.

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    Well after almost 2 months of studying I finally am done. I went and took the test on Friday and failed, than I studied all weekend took the test again this morning and just barley got by with a 700. This test is very tough and most of the questions were really not on Exchange at all but more related to routing and DNS. I haven't starting studying for Cisco or exam 70-216 yet so I am very new to these areas and that made it very difficult for me.

Honestly I don't think Microsoft should make a specialized exam and than try to cram other areas into the questions but hey what do I know :D

Now on to exam 70-217.
  • Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Congrats...on the pass...a pass is a pass afterall....

Thats some good news for me, I have done my best in the networking infrastructure exam. I love DNS and since 284 is all about it, I will definately do it later on...yeah...!!!
    What next?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    nouveaux21nouveaux21 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gabe7055 wrote:
    Well after almost 2 months of studying I finally am done. I went and took the test on Friday and failed, than I studied all weekend took the test again this morning and just barley got by with a 700. This test is very tough and most of the questions were really not on Exchange at all but more related to routing and DNS. I haven't starting studying for Cisco or exam 70-216 yet so I am very new to these areas and that made it very difficult for me.

Honestly I don't think Microsoft should make a specialized exam and than try to cram other areas into the questions but hey what do I know :D

Now on to exam 70-217.

What study mateirls did you use?
  • Options
    Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    I used the Sybex 70-284 book and the 70-284 transcender. If I had to do it again I would probably have also picked up a book on routing and a book on Exchange 5.5 as well.