Is SUS still tested in 70-290?

chungerballchungerball Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello folks. I was just wondering if the 70-290 exam still tests on SUS or did it update to WSUS? I'm currently studying for the exam, and the MS Press book says that SUS is still tested, but the book was copyrighted in 2006. Thanks for any clarifications!

Comments

• MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can study WSUS. I haven't touched SUS for 4+ years, only WSUS, and it didn't hurt me when I took the 290 recently.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • chungerballchungerball Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can study WSUS. I haven't touched SUS for 4+ years, only WSUS, and it didn't hurt me when I took the 290 recently.

Thanks a lot for your input! I checked on Microsoft's site about the objectives, and none of it mentions SUS or WSUS. I also googled it as well, but no luck at all. Is there a place where I can get info on updated test objectives on the MCSE? This site is one of the best resources I know of for IT stuff.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yep its on the 290. Not a huge topic but you will probably get some questions about it.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • 94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Yep its on the 290. Not a huge topic but you will probably get some questions about it.

agreed. I don't recall how many questions I had on the test on SUS but it WAS indeed on my test, albeit, minimally.
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Was it SUS-specific, though, or would studying WSUS be OK? There is a lot of overlap between the two. I don't remember the questions I had but I think they were applicable to both WSUS and SUS.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
    To me there is no difference, just different names for the same stuff :p
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The questions on WSUS/SUS tend to be so generic that either one performs the same.

One thing to keep in mind is that these periferal technologies like CMD commands, PowerShell for the MCITPs and WSUS for the MCP era exams are not really tested in detail. You don't need to know a lot about them, more what they do and how.
  • hyperrawr9000hyperrawr9000 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    apparently SUS/WSUS is also on the 70-291 since my test today had 5+ questions on it...
    apparently SUS/WSUS is also on the 70-291 since my test today had 5+ questions on it...

Yep. it comes around again. So far the 293 seems to be done with it, but who knows?