Options

Retaking CISSP exam w/o waiting for results!?

hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
Ok, I believe I asked this question once before but didn't get a clear answer. Today I emailed (ISC)2 and received a response.

Question - If a candidate takes the CISSP exam and doesn't want to wait for the results before retaking the exam, is this allowed?

Answer from (ISC)2 - Yes this is allowed but the candidate will be wasting money if he/she passes the first exam.

Source...

Certification Consultant
(ISC)2® Americas
Security Transcends Technology
(P) 703.xxx.xxxx
(F) 703.xxx.xxxx

PM me if someone wants the actual number.

Comments

• Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Answer from (ISC)2 - Yes this is allowed but the candidate will be wasting money if he/she passes the first exam.

Good to get it from the horses mouth and I think everyone has to agree with the wasting money side of it icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good to get it from the horses mouth and I think everyone has to agree with the wasting money side of it icon_smile.gif

If anything, just assume you failed and spend extra time studying. Doesn't make sense to waste that kind of money.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    If anything, just assume you failed and spend extra time studying. Doesn't make sense to waste that kind of money.
    Tons of people assume they fail, only to wake up to the happy tone of a Congrats email, 6 long weeks later!
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good lord I know I moped about for 6 weeks before finding out I passed...
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Devilsbane wrote: »

This is really, really good advice. Don't spend the money until you know you failed, but there is absolutely no reason whatsoever you can't start reviewing and studying for a potential re-take if you did. At worst, you might be delayed a day or two in scheduling the exam after getting your score, but if you've waited six weeks to find out you can probably wait an additional 24-48 hours or so to sit for the exam. At best, you reinforced what you learned and know even more about the security domains than you did when you sat for the exam.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with what's mentioned above. I also want to note that fact that once you've seen the test also you might know what you need to brush up on or feel weak on. After I take my CISSP, chances are I will continue to study lightly. I think getting a grasp of the types of questions you will be asked is an important aspect of this exam. I know after I failed the CCNA for the first time that I felt more confident the 2nd time around because I knew what to expect. I think my nerves and the questions got the best of me the first time around (CCNA was my first certification test ever).
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As there is no logical reason to take the test again without receiving the results from the previous attempt, it seems to me that the only reason would be for a chance to look at the questions again for the purpose of leaking said questions. Unless someone can post another reasonable cause for doing so...
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I was pretty sure I failed the first time and when I took it there was an issue with the results because almost everybody who took it that date was waiting more than two months for the results. I kept studying because I assumed I failed and I was right. icon_cheers.gif
This discussion has been closed.