From all those that went through Cisco Academy Programs

AnimeFrusionSmoothieAnimeFrusionSmoothie Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
I think its a good idea for all of us to know (those that went through the Cisco's Academy Program), those that actually cared enough about becoming certified and becoming in a way "better" that what we were before we become certified.

My instructor hasn't taken the CCNA test as of right now (he is required to do so this summer) - but i'm a part of the first class to get through the course around here, so don't hold him against him.

We've completed the dreaded case study (a+ w00t) and we've met all the required scores for gaining the CCNA voucher (50% off).

We [all Cisco Academy students] also took the practice exam that was supposed to do erm... be like the exact test. some of us, (me included) bombed that test even through we studied for the test.

Now that you heard our story - my question:

Is the CCNA like the "simulated" test Cisco gave the academy students to take as an option? That test was... VERY hard (I) would scale it on like 3x more difficult then A+ and Net+.

Do our worries have any placement in truth?
PC Modding at it best -
Xoxide.com, Directron.com, frozenpc.com, frozencpu.com

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    CCNA is easily 3 times harder than A+ and Network+, but it is very doable...
  • AnimeFrusionSmoothieAnimeFrusionSmoothie Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    **groans**

(goes back to reading the CCNA exam study guide)
    PC Modding at it best -
    icon_lol.gif

Well, don't worry to much. ;) What are you using to prepare besides the academy program?
    yor website for 1 - the Cisco CCNA Exam Certification guide #640-607 (Offiicial study guide)
    PC Modding at it best -
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    stick at it, sometimes things just don't click on demand.

i've been toying with the idea of seeing if a local college still offers cisco academy, though i have also been considering signing up with the open university. mind you, i'll soon have to make a decision, as i should begin my microsoft study in earnest within a month, and still continue to do dtp for a local newspaper group at the weekends - i need to sort out how much spare time i can spare, and how much i want to spend with my family.
    A+ Moderator
  • rc240sxrc240sx Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I concur. I know exactly what you are going through. I went through the academy but freaked when I saw the pratice CCNA. I took the actual test today and got a 898/1000. It is not nearly as hard as the CCNA practice which everyone in my class bombed, even a telecommunications engineer. The transcender is not the best way of seeing what will be on the exam but it will help you get ready for the format of the exam. The practice exams on this website are a good start. Then just get your hands on lots of other practice exams.
    **gulp** i'm taking my test tomorrow... and im getting that A+ anxiousness i had while waiting for my time to test..

Well, i did all i can do... and If I come on tomorrow - I passed... if not.. well lets hope i do...
    PC Modding at it best -
    were there any simulations that allowed the use of the " ? "
    PC Modding at it best -
    I took the BSCI beta last month and I was able to use the help ? in the sims, so I bet it's the same in CCNA sims.
    wow - you're really smart aren't you.. yes.. im a little green with envy right now :)
    PC Modding at it best -
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    good luck.
    A+ Moderator
  • sikdoggsikdogg Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A CCNA instructor that hasn't taken the CCNA exam?!?! What gives??? That's like the blind leading the blind. I would at a minimun, expect that any instructor be at least certified in the area that they are teaching.

Are my expectations out of line?
  • NarcissaNarcissa Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    btw

" Is the CCNA like the "simulated" test Cisco gave the academy students to take as an option? "

my class definatly bombed that test..
    its very much so like the ccna. i believe i had one question from it on my ccna ( or one similar at least ).. i know you've taken it already.. but i suggest other acad students really review that test...