company info requested in UK

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
I have been in contact with two companies this week.

"Tomorrow communications" based near Waterloo London

and

"Dimension data" out in fleet.

I was just wondering if any one has come across them, worked with them or just generally hear anything about them?
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Tomorrow Communications were\are advertising for a role I was interested in, I considered sending them an email asking for more info but struggled to find any real info about them. This was about 6 months ago maybe. I saw the advert again fairly recently and didnt bother with them this time round either.

Dimension Data have been around a lot longer imo or at least I've heard of tehm more put it that way. Heard mixed reports from various sources but never had any real dealings with them so can't give any real opinion.

Not much to go on I know lol Let me know how you get on with them, especially Tomorrow.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As I am in talks with both, I don't want to say anything at the moment. but once I know the various outcomes I will let you know :)

Both havea high level of CCIE's working with them I can tell you that and seems to have good one the job training and mentorning.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Well a bit of an update.

As far as tomorrows communications go, not at all impressed, after making the effort to travel to an interview and a promise they would be in touch, heard nothing back. They talked big, but offices not up to much and neither where their staff.

Dimension data on the other hand, after looking on there web site, I discovered they have won the cisco partner of the year award mutiply times in recent years, and are one of only 4 Global cisco partners. And have over 300 CCIE's working for them. (that's the most out side of CISCO).

Quite a company, and as of next month they shall be even better cause they will have me working for them :)
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    So you got the job? If so congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    As far as tomorrows communications go, not at all impressed, after making the effort to travel to an interview and a promise they would be in touch, heard nothing back. They talked big, but offices not up to much and neither where their staff.

Yep that's what I found too, I was hoping you wouldnt have the same experience... Strange as they are still advertising....
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    Dimension data on the other hand, after looking on there web site, I discovered they have won the cisco partner of the year award mutiply times in recent years, and are one of only 4 Global cisco partners. And have over 300 CCIE's working for them. (that's the most out side of CISCO).

Quite a company, and as of next month they shall be even better cause they will have me working for them :)

Congrats buddy heard good things about them I'm sure you'll go far icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
    So you got the job? If so congrats!

That would be affermitive :) cheers :)
  • deth1kdeth1k Member Posts: 312
    Tell us what's the job role ? :O
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats,

now get me one in such a good lineup :D
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking