MCITP:SA course outline help required urgent..

zary2006zary2006 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, I am looking to study MCITP:SA in an institute..I contacted them for information about free structure and exams and all..when I received an e-mail from them there was one document stating course outline for MCITP:SA but the thing is that it really confused me a lot...on the microsoft website..they said that for MCITP:SA there are three exams Exam 70-640, Exam 70-642, Exam 70-646 but in the course outline of that institute..they wrote something like Course 6421A, Course 6425A, Course 6420A, Course 6436A I totally got confused and got no idea what to do...can someone tell me ? and if these are the name of study material then does the total of them completes a SA preparation?I hope to get a reply soon cause get to take admission soon. I am also attaching that document file so that you may have a look in detail and respond. Thank You :)

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It looks like the courses track to the following exams, (more or less):
    • Course 6421A: Configuring and Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure --> Exam 70-642: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring
    • Course 6425A: Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services --> Exam 70-640: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
    • Course 6420A: Fundamentals of Windows Server 2008 Network and Applications Infrastructure --> Exam 70-643: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring

Those three exams are the three Windows Server 2008 technology exams for MCITP: Enterprise Administrator. (You would also need to take the Windows 7 exam, in addition to the EA Pro exam (70-647), to earn that cert.) To earn MCITP: Server Administrator, you only need to take exams 70-640, 70-642, and the SA Pro exam (70-646).

I'm not quite sure what exam Course 6436A: Designing a Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Infrastructure and Services is supposed to prepare you for, perhaps it's a supplement to Course 6425A to help you prepare for exam 70-640?. Unlike the older MCSA/MCSE track, MCITP: SA and EA do not include a dedicated design exam for Active Directory. You may want to ask the institution what this course is about, if it perhaps tracks to exams 70-646 or 70-647, and if it's necessary to take all these courses in the program or if you can simply take the classes that map to the exams you want to take.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • zary2006zary2006 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well does it mean that only the courses explained by them won't earn any of the two certificates? and I would need to prepare for one eXtra exam other than this eXams to earn atleast one of those 2 certificates? Thank You
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    zary2006 wrote: »
    Well does it mean that only the courses explained by them won't earn any of the two certificates? and I would need to prepare for one eXtra exam other than this eXams to earn atleast one of those 2 certificates? Thank You

Call up the institution and ask for the specifics. My speculations about the last course and what certs they train you for is my best guess based on the file you were given. It seems like they're only offering the classes for the technology exams (70-640, 70-642, and 70-643), not the Pro exams (70-646 and 70-647), but I'd ask the school for more information.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You need to contact them that's for sure to be honest I'm not familiar with the course I study by my own and to pass I had to study from the books. Each of these exams has it's books.

Looking at MS page though this is the course material

Classroom Training You can check it out here

Pro: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can see the exams required for every MCITP certification here:
    MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional) | Training Courses for IT Professionals

If you click on any of the exam number and then click the Preparation Materials tab, you can see which courses (if any) are suggested to prepare for the exam. For example, for 70-640 Microsoft suggests courses 6425B and 6426B, for 70-642 course 6421A, and 70-646 course 6430B. These three exams give you the MCITP: SA.

You don't necessarily have to take the training suggested by Microsoft, after all the courses are a suggestion and not a requirement. For example, 70-646 builds on 70-640 and 70-642, so as long as you understand the material well, you might not need any specific training for 70-646. I would recommend reading a study guide before taking the exam, though.

Those four training courses sound like they are good preparation for the MCITP: SA even if they don't map 100% to Microsoft's suggestions. Ultimately, however, what you get out of the courses depends on what you put into them. If you attend the course and just play Farmville on your lab PC the whole time, you won't have a chance at passing the exams. You will have to expend significant effort to learn the material well enough to pass.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • zary2006zary2006 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank You so much for explaining it briefly to me :) can you tell me which study guide you talking about? Plus, what more courses would be appropriate for me to prepare for MCITP:EA after SA ..after getting prepared by these courses? Thank You
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    zary2006 wrote: »
    Thank You so much for explaining it briefly to me :) can you tell me which study guide you talking about? Plus, what more courses would be appropriate for me to prepare for MCITP:EA after SA ..after getting prepared by these courses? Thank You
    I used the Sybex book linked by za3bour. For the SA, the four courses in your document are probably enough, perhaps with a Study Guide for 70-646. For the EA exams you can follow the link and directions I posted to find the training suggested by Microsoft.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV