What Degrees do you have/working on???????

filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
What current Degrees does everyone have? Include degrees, names of degrees, and if you want, the college you went to.

Anyone working on a degree now?

I am finishing up an Associates in Computer Networking at ITT Tech, I am then going to get a bachelors in Networking Security and Forensics at Fountainhead College.

what about you guys?
CISSP, CCNA SP
Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller

Comments

• /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I have an Associates in Computer Science Technology, will be finishing up my Bachelors in Management Information Systems in March, then I plan to possibly pursue a Masters in Information Security.
  • reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    I have an associate of science in Electronic Systems Technology and I will finish up another associate of science in Networking Technology this spring. After that, I will pursue a bachelor of science in Information Technology. icon_cool.gif
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    BS is Busines Administration minor MIS.

Close to getting mcse 2k + sec, then messaging, ccna, upgrade to mcse 2003.

No more formal education, I like the self-study routine.
    What next?
  • reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    No more formal education, I like the self-study routine.
    Agreed, although my "formal" education has mostly been through taking online classes that I have to self study for anyway. icon_cool.gif
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    BA in Cultural Anthropology with a lot of undergrad units as a music major, and some in computer science. I'll finish my MS in Information Security in 2007.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BS Computer Science from the University of Oregon

Probably won't get a masters. I'm just too busy working now and paying off all the loans lol.
  • shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    Finishing my A.A.S in Computer Networking Technology is December.

I may or may not look into a BS in networking.
  • filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I forgot to mention that I am going to pursue a master in the end. Either a Masters in Information Assurance or a masters in Information Security. I have thought about Capitol College for my online masters. Also thought about Fort Hays state University online for a masters in Networking and Telecommunications.

What schools did you guys go to or are going to or are thinking about going to for your masters??

anyone going to school online?

You guys should check out http://www.degreeinfo.com and go to the forums. Have a great Distance online education forum for IT and other degrees. Have a lot of experienced members on that forum.
    CISSP, CCNA SP
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    An associates in Computer Networking.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    anyone going to school online?
    I'm going to Capella. Their InfoSec curriculum is designed to cover the ten domains of the CISSP cert. Not the quickest Masters in InfoSec to finish, but it's worth it to me.

www.capella.edu
  • schwarztraderschwarztrader Inactive Imported Users Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey TeKniques, what a small world. I used to live down in the Medford area for about 4 or so years before I moved up to Portland. How is the economical IT industry down there now? When I moved from there I felt like there was no place to move up in, so I had to look for greener pastures.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    associates in Networking Technology.

Started out working towards a bachelors in Chemistry, but decided I liked networking more.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • BaredorBaredor Member Posts: 99
    BS in Business Administration. Got that while working full time as salaried management at a local movie theatre.

That landed me retail management jobs making $10/hr. My motivation to pursue a new career should be evident. icon_lol.gif
  • s0c0s0c0 Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Associate of Applied Science in Computer Network Systems from ITT Tech. I will have that in November. After that I am going to a Salt Lake Community College for Computer Science and then transfering up to a major four year university to study computer science in depth. Switching more into programming if I can bear it since thats where I see the money going.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey TeKniques, what a small world. I used to live down in the Medford area for about 4 or so years before I moved up to Portland. How is the economical IT industry down there now? When I moved from there I felt like there was no place to move up in, so I had to look for greener pastures.

It's a lot better. The area is growing tremendously which is helping get more businesses in the area that need IT staff. Mostly the hospitals in the area have been offering excellent IT jobs that pay $$ if you have the credentials. I moved here from Eugene and worked there for Symantec Corp. for about 2 years or so after graduating. But with all the acquisitions and the recent merger with Veritas all the job growth halted there, so I decided to move south and have found good work here.

All the best to you icon_cool.gif
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    B.S. Computer Information Systems.

I began working on a Master Business Admin (MBA) with a concentration in Computers. Dont know when I will continue. I guess after the MCSE.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
    what classes are you guys in right now?

I am talking linux desktop opterating systems and Microsoft network Operating systems 2 (covers 290 and 291)
    CISSP, CCNA SP
  • jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Self-study to finish security for the big MCSE + Sec specialization...which I sit on 6/25.
    What next?
  • johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    BS in Electrical Engineering. Never worked as an EE. Cant remember a damn thing.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • NokwaziNokwazi Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You'll guys are learned!

I have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science and Mathematics, currently doing A+. Want to concentrate on the etechnical stuff for no...Comptia and MICROSOFT, know what I mean!
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    shadown7 wrote:
    Finishing my A.A.S in Computer Networking Technology is December.

I may or may not look into a BS in networking.

I got my aas & then tried for my Bachelors but 85% of the BS program was art, Lit & math.. I really didn't have anymore computer classes so I left after the 1st semester. I honestly had to brush up when I went back to work just from a couple months off the work force...
  • DarklyWiseDarklyWise Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    B.S. in Information Networking & Telecommunications

Who doesn't love telephony? :)
    A being Darkly Wise and Rudely Great
  • dagger1xdagger1x Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    BA Biz Admin

AAS Computer Sysytems

A+ and working on XP cert
    Did you go to Fort Hays State University Darkly? They have a degree call bs in Computer Networking and Telecommunications.

The degree is available fully online, supposed to be a great school and have great prices.
    CISSP, CCNA SP
  • eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    AS in Computer Information Management.

Going for my BS in Information Technoloty (Network Management) next year.
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • DarklyWiseDarklyWise Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you go to Fort Hays State University Darkly? They have a degree call bs in Computer Networking and Telecommunications.

The degree is available fully online, supposed to be a great school and have great prices.

I should have clarified - I am currently enrolled in that program icon_smile.gif

It's an excellent school and the prices are great ( $122/credit hour ).

Next summer I'll be taking CCNA & CCNP Certs and'll have received a Certificate in Internetworking from FHSU as well... there are 4 mandatory courses you have to take if you're enrolled in the BS with a major in Computer Networking & Telecoms, so they count towards your degree and prepare you to sit for both CCNA and CCNP Certs... money well spent!
    A being Darkly Wise and Rudely Great
  • gillilanpagillilanpa Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    BS in CIS. Recently passed my CISSP (June) and Network+ (July). Working on A+, then CCNA.

As far as higher education, I start my Masters in IA in Sept.

:)
    Certifiable!
  • UndertowUndertow Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I hope to take CCSP in 9 months...
    As far as it is concerned to higher education , my goal is to take my diploma in law in 3-4 years.
  • bbowler0786bbowler0786 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am a sophmore at Tulane University in New Orleans, I am going for a Bachelor of Science in a double major in Computer Information Systems/Information Systems Security. The prices are really high...a little over 5 grand per semester. However, the degree is really respectable at least in the new orleans area, and the resources and labs available are great.
  • evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    AAB Computer Information Systems
    BS Technology
    MBA with concentration in Information Systems
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan