ok voice guys, cough up your labs and topologys

I am now pursuing the CCVP. First plan is to get the CVOICE. I am going to buy and build a CCVP lab. I want to make a CCVP lab which will be utilizing my GNS3/Dynamips Server and will be utilizing GNS3 as much as possible. Can you guys help me out in all the other materials I will need for a CCVP lab. Are there any good CCVP topology's out there and specifications that I can go by? I go to blindhog.net often, but it seems as though his lab was used for the CCIE: Voice, and all I really want to do is make a CCVP lab in which I will be able to test most topics on the CCVP.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am now pursuing the CCVP. First plan is to get the CVOICE. I am going to buy and build a CCVP lab. I want to make a CCVP lab which will be utilizing my GNS3/Dynamips Server and will be utilizing GNS3 as much as possible. Can you guys help me out in all the other materials I will need for a CCVP lab. Are there any good CCVP topology's out there and specifications that I can go by? I go to blindhog.net often, but it seems as though his lab was used for the CCIE: Voice, and all I really want to do is make a CCVP lab in which I will be able to test most topics on the CCVP.

Thanks for your help!

I think there is a sticky on the CCVP boards for this sort of thing. Mike kindly sent me a PM a couple of years ago when I was interested in looking at Voice but I never had the time to get into it. I understand the PSTN cloud is something you will want to get built out.

Check with Mike!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You pretty much want the HQ and 2 branch office (1 in the US and 1 in Europe) CCIE Lab setup -- but you don't need all the software applications and services required for the CCIE Lab. You can build up your CCVP lab starting with the single site deployment model and then build your lab out to at least the Multisite Deployment Model with Centralized Call Processing.

From the CCVP FAQ

The Blindhog hybrid Voice Dynamips/Real Hardware Lab page/video is worth watching to see what you can get started on while you decide what hardware you'll want for your lab.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    thanks guys, for some reason, voice has been on the mind lately. alot of potential there :]
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    thanks guys, for some reason, voice has been on the mind lately. alot of potential there :]

Damn dude. I thought you were just doing CCNP Wireless. What are you trying to be the second coming of :mikeicon_confused.gif lol. Good luck though. By the time you get the CCIE you will probably have all of the pro levels. I think I remember you saying that you don't right ASAs right? That is why you didn't go after CCSP?
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Hit me up on PM. I have a full loaded CCM7 with unity connection, UCCX, and Presence loaded on it. I'm just trying to get it out of my place takes up too much room in my cube at work and my GF said I can't have it in the house.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    Hit me up on PM. I have a full loaded CCM7 with unity connection, UCCX, and Presence loaded on it. I'm just trying to get it out of my place takes up too much room in my cube at work and my GF said I can't have it in the house.

Is that the same place in the video with the books stuffed in the sofa?? You are lucky that she did not brain you already. :)
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Info on the topology that I used here: http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccvp/50772-revamped-ccvp-lab-setup.html

It's all physical Cisco hardware though - VMWare for CUCM.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • woischwoisch Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□