Thoughts on Juniper NSM?

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

im just wondering what your thoughts are on Juniper's NSM management suite? has anyone used this yet? im just looking for some feedback.

Heres a link to it: http://www.juniper.net/customers/support/products/nsm.jsp

Looks like we maybe buying a load of Juniper EX switches and we are looking to manage them via this application for the less techy folk.

Thanks
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
    We have it but we are only testing it out in a limited deployment. So far it seems OK, but I have not worked with it enough to recommend it. Unfortunately I am leaving my current job and heading back to a Cisco shop, so I may never know.
  • junipengjunipeng Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nel wrote: »
    Hi guys,

im just wondering what your thoughts are on Juniper's NSM management suite? has anyone used this yet? im just looking for some feedback.

Heres a link to it: Juniper Networks : Customer Support Center : Network and Security Manager NetScreen-Security Manager (NSM)

Looks like we maybe buying a load of Juniper EX switches and we are looking to manage them via this application for the less techy folk.

Thanks

I'm config this product now.you can deploy netscreen,srx or idp use the NSM and you can sending traffic log to NSM.

If you get a IDP,you must use the NSM to control it.
    "You got a dream,you gotta protect it."
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    junipeng wrote: »
    I'm config this product now.you can deploy netscreen,srx or idp use the NSM and you can sending traffic log to NSM.

If you get a IDP,you must use the NSM to control it.

we are mainly looking to manage Ex switches and J/M series routers. Any feedback on these devices using nsm?

• junipengjunipeng Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nel wrote: »
    we are mainly looking to manage Ex switches and J/M series routers. Any feedback on these devices using nsm?

I think the NSM is not good to support EX/J/M devices.

you can click NSM client-> devices ,you can see all devices are security devices.
    "You got a dream,you gotta protect it."
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    on the Juniper datasheet it states it supports the EX/J/M devices. we've had confirmation from Juniper too.

I guess we'll see in our test lab :)