Options

Edrp

DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this exam. Reading through the objectives, it doesn't look to be that difficult. Looks to be a Security+ on steroids that focuses on the disaster recover side of things. Also 50 questions with 2 hours and a 70% pass score certainly looks doable.

I'm unfamiliar with how the EC council puts out their tests. Their path looks easy enough: attend training, prepare for 312-76, and then take the exam. But looking through their site, I only see training for CEH. So where do I sign up for training, and how do I start looking into getting into this?

As always, thanks for all of the help icon_cheers.gif
Decide what to be and go be it.

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I can say that I have never seen jobs asking for any other cert from EC besides CEH.
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    I have seen requests for a number of the EC Council certifications, especially the CEH/ECSA/LPT series and CHFI. I will actually be working on the 312-76 starting in January as part of the WGU MS:ISA program so I will talk to school about the course during my next phone call which is scheduled for the 18th.

The "more recognized" BCP/DR certifications are ABCP, CBCP, MBCP, etc. from DRII (link below) and it couldn't hurt to have familiarity with NIST SP800-34.

https://www.drii.org/certification/index.php
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    down77 wrote: »
    I will actually be working on the 312-76 starting in January as part of the WGU MS:ISA program so I will talk to school about the course during my next phone call which is scheduled for the 18th.

That is my motive too. I've also never heard of it, but if thats what they need, then thats what I have to do. It might not pull the most weight on my resume, but a masters degree will.

Plus I think it could be fun. I enjoyed learning about different disaster recovery things for the security+. I would guess that there will be a decent amount of review.
    Decide what to be and go be it.