Options

Your suggestions for RHCE studying?

TC10284TC10284 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am currently taking RHA230 and RHA250 from Redhat. Are there any other study guides/practice labs that I can download/purchase to better help me study? I want your suggestions of what has helped you pass. =)

Thanks!
Tavis

Comments

• Options
    oxzganoxzgan Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the best way to study is finish the redhat study materials and if got search net if you got doubt, when i wrote RHCE 5 study material was enough to pass..
  • Options
    Awesome. I will continue to do so.

Anyone else?
    Tavis
  • Options
    dijital1dijital1 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Download the documentation from RedHat; the deployment guide in particular. Go through that material and get practice configuring the most common services, httpd, ftp, dns, samba, dhcp, sendmail/postfix, squid, etc... Get comfortable with SELinux. Understand how PAM works and howto modify it.

Pretty much just go through the list of items that RedHat posts on their site in the prep guide and know it all.
  • Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    TC10284 wrote: »
    I am currently taking RHA230 and RHA250 from Redhat. Are there any other study guides/practice labs that I can download/purchase to better help me study? I want your suggestions of what has helped you pass. =)

Thanks!

How much did the two course cost? The online training seems quite expensive.
  • Options
    brownwrap wrote: »
    How much did the two course cost? The online training seems quite expensive.

I'm taking it through my local college, ECU as part of my degree program. The course at ECU is $300 or so.
    Tavis
  • Options
    dijital1 wrote: »
    Download the documentation from RedHat; the deployment guide in particular. Go through that material and get practice configuring the most common services, httpd, ftp, dns, samba, dhcp, sendmail/postfix, squid, etc... Get comfortable with SELinux. Understand how PAM works and howto modify it.

Pretty much just go through the list of items that RedHat posts on their site in the prep guide and know it all.

Great suggestions. I'll do that. Thanks!
    Tavis
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    TC10284 wrote: »
    I'm taking it through my local college, ECU as part of my degree program. The course at ECU is $300 or so.
    I'm jealous. For some damn reason there is only one school in all of California participating in the Red Hat Academy, and I don't think it even offers the official RHA courses! icon_sad.gif
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    It's probably because the Redhat headquarters are in Raleigh, NC, right next to NCSU. I've been there a few times.

Anyway, the course is online. You could probably get into it, but you'd have to pay out of state price.
    Tavis