Network+/Cisco Training

Alhaji265Alhaji265 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello All,

In a few weeks I am going to be taking a Network+ training program along with Cisco hands-on. I want to know what advice(s) do you fellow IT guys have for me besides just studying, working hard, setting goals, etc.? Thanks!

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Make sure your study material that you get online are legit through this website.
    CertGuard | IT Certification Exam Security & Integrity

I think you covered everything for learning. Just don't give up.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Make a huge effort to learn the OSI model and subnetting early and learn it well. A full understanding of these two concepts is really imperative to fully comprehend just about everything else you learn. Practice, practice, practice your subnetting.
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    gosh1976 wrote: »
    Make a huge effort to learn the OSI model and subnetting early and learn it well. A full understanding of these two concepts is really imperative to fully comprehend just about everything else you learn. Practice, practice, practice your subnetting.

What gosh said. OSI, OSI, OSI.
    Everything within it!
    Well known ports, all layers and their basic protocols etc etc, O S I

Subnetting in Cisco world is a bit more special, but it is part of BOTH worlds. So yes, subnetting. Subnet until you can do subnetting and reverse subnetting on your mind easily.
    Some people will tell you to do it in seconds, but I think if you can do it easily, by easily means fluently you will be ok.

Cabling and wireless show in both worlds too, check that too.

One final advice is...
    Many people think you knowing or having CCNA is the same as having network+. They say if you pass ccna you can become a network+ easily.
    WRONG.
    Both exams are very different. Although many technologies do show up in both, the feel and purposes of both exams are very different.
    So study well for both, besides redundancy studying is always good. So if you go over a subject multiple times dont think as "I'll skip this, I already went over it" but more like "This is a second chance to learn this right".
    meh
  • Alhaji265Alhaji265 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys! I'll take heed on your advices.