SWITCH study group

jimmypingjimmyping Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Im looking to put some labs on here so people can use and then discuss
findings. Im currently studying for
SWITCH and looking for some
interaction on the labs as and when the
group completes them. Maybe get an IRC chatroom going at the same time... Just an idea, would anyone be
interested?

Thanks,
Jimmy

Comments

• JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am just starting my SWITCH studies and am definitely interested in a collaborative effort. Great idea!
    Lab on!
  • spartangtrspartangtr Member Posts: 111
    I'm in. I've already put together a few SWITCH labs that basically replicate the LAN portion of the TSHOOT topology, would definitely be willing to share and get feedback on them.

IRC huh? Old school. I'll have to get an IRC client...
  • mathelizemathelize Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm currently preparing for the exam myself. Getting free lab manuals has been a bit difficult. I Hope to take the exam in less than 2 months as I've been preparing for quite a while now. It'll be nice if we could practise together and take it to the next level by creating gre tunnels amongst ourselves and see how they actually work.
    In my Lab
    I have access to any cisco equipment I need
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    count me in for sure.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I really need to bone up on my switching knowledge. I would like to join but I don't know when I am going to take switch.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't know about the IRC bit as with time differenced, and a 5month old, it will be hard to commit.

And I haver just lost my switch lab icon_sad.gif, However as soon as I start my new job I will be putting together some labs based around Spanning Tree, So would be happy to share them and get some feedback.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • jimmypingjimmyping Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Seems like a bit of interest here and I'd agree IRC is a little old skool, MSN/yahoo messenger may be the way to go whether it be live chat or messages.

I have:

2 x 1721
    2 x 2950
    1 x 3560
    1 x 3550

I intend to integrate these with GNS3. We need to find out what hardware people have and we can work from there. I was going to use the LABS that come with boson CCNP 7.0 BCMSN to start with, but if anyone has any other LAB sets in mind please say as hopefully this will be a collaborative effort.

my MSN ID is: jimmy.ping@hotmail.co.uk

All ideas welcome and we could get this thing going

cheers,

Jimmy
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    my current hard ware is a 2905 and a 2610....

have to leave all the rest behind... icon_sad.gif

so for the next month my switch study will be limited icon_sad.gif, my new company has said there is loads of lab equipment to play with, but untill I have settled in I think its a bit early to say what I can use.

HAve to see what I can do with GNS3 unless some one wants to donate to me some 3500's
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can't you save your work in GNS3? you guys should mess each others configs and save and send and try to troubleshoot :)
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Let me know the date and time and I'll try to help as I have BCMSN under my belt (July 2010).

Check the Phillies/Eagles schedules to determine my availability.

:)

Good luck with your studies!
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Im in too... I just setup my office VLAN and I want to finish my Switch exam.
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Lots of time zones here starting out west in PST, me in EST, and Big Ben time across the pond. Wonder how we could all get together?