Am I Ready?

DPOLISHSENSATIONDPOLISHSENSATION Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been studying for about three weeks. Just finished Darril Gibson's Security+ book and scored a 86/100. Also taking practice exams (VisualCert) and I'm going to re-read the cryptography chapter and the gray parts of the book. What do you think? Am I ready?

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've been studying for about three weeks. Just finished Darril Gibson's Security+ book and scored a 86/100. Also taking practice exams (VisualCert) and I'm going to re-read the cryptography chapter and the gray parts of the book. What do you think? Am I ready?

Go get your voucher and schedule the exam. I got 90/100 myself. :)

There were people with 80/100 that passed as well. Just R-E-A-D every word in the question and you will pass.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you used Darrils book and scored an 86 you should be ready. What is visualcert and have you checked it out at certguard.com yet?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DPOLISHSENSATIONDPOLISHSENSATION Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    VisualCert is like Transcender practice exams.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Look over the exam objectives and make sure you are comfortable with the material. Sometimes scheduling the exam for a couple of weeks out, will get the lead out and give you that second wind to finish up.
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Look over the exam objectives and make sure you are comfortable with the material. Sometimes scheduling the exam for a couple of weeks out, will get the lead out and give you that second wind to finish up.

I find that scheduling helps as well. When you actually HAVE the exam breathing down your neck, it motivates you to really finish it up.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I agree with scheduling the exam. It forces you to have to study.

I scheduled my exam this past Tuesday, and took the exam on Thursday. This made me study some and get prepared for the exam. I passed with an ok score (791). Im sure I could have done better if I had studied more, but I passed regardless.
    I find that scheduling helps as well. When you actually HAVE the exam breathing down your neck, it motivates you to really finish it up.
  • DPOLISHSENSATIONDPOLISHSENSATION Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have it scheduled for Halloween but am thinking about taking it next Saturday. Anyone know if it's possible to reschedule with Prometric?
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have it scheduled for Halloween but am thinking about taking it next Saturday. Anyone know if it's possible to reschedule with Prometric?

As long as it's more than 24 hours before the exam, you should be able to.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They give you a link in the confirmation email for rescheduling or cancelling an exam.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.