Passed Net+ Today

K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
After passing the Sec+ about a month ago. I went ahead and used one of the early expiry vouchers and sat for the Net + today. I scored an 859 and was satisfied with that considering I only studied for about 2 weeks.

I used the Sybex book and a few condensed study guides(the one from this site, and a few smaller ones I found on the internet) as resources.

I did not put the study time into this one as I did for the Sec+ because I have worked with networking in some form for over 5+ years. Most terms, ports, etc I was already familiar with and only needed a refresher.

I thought the test was oddly worded, but not to difficult. I only flagged 4 questions and was done with the test in 35 minutes.

I have now completed the Comptia Tri-Fecta. So I think I will move on to the CCNA now.

I want to say Thank You to all the people on this site that gives valuable insight into the prep for these certification test.

Comments

• simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    good job! congrats bro!
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice score, congrats!
  • chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on a well done job icon_thumright.gif
  • JEarlJEarl Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job :P I just passed mine a couple weeks ago. How was the security+ in comparison?
    + Pursuing AAS in Information Technology - 1 class left after this semester

+ CCNA by next semester
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the CompTIA trifecta! icon_thumright.gif

Time for specialization certs!
  • K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I personally felt the Net+ was a little tougher. The reason for this was the way the test was put together.
    Without releasing to much info I think I could say things like:
    -more multiple answer questions
    -WORDING of the questions
    -meaningless info within the questions to trip you up

If you know the material these things stick out like a sore thumb.

I did score higher on the Net+ than I did on the Sec+ but I feel this was due to my knowledge from years of experience in the networking field. The Sec+ test is such a vast and wide area of information. I used Darril Gibson's book as my main studying material.

I have never been a big believer in Certs to be honest but as you work longer in the field it is what employers are looking at. I have known to many people/techs that have Certs galore but have very little true knowledge.

The bottom line, as with any test is to study(as most on this site recommend) with at least 2 sources and you will have the knowledge needed to pass the test.
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    This is the fourth thread here mentioning Darill Gibson's book for Sec+, I think I will be getting a copy once i knock out the Net+ and start Sec+ in a week.
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Awesome K-Rich! Congrats my friend!
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    This is the fourth thread here mentioning Darill Gibson's book for Sec+, I think I will be getting a copy once i knock out the Net+ and start Sec+ in a week.

So far, so good. I am currently reading that book right now. My exam is on October 30, 2010.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□

More like the 100th lol.

Good to know. I'll probably pick this up when I plan on studying again ;)

+ CCNA by next semester
    Ok, probably a dumb question.. but how do I set a signature on my posts?!?! (and yes I did look through the options - unless i'm missing something..)

+ CCNA by next semester
  • GosU-TecHGosU-TecH Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass
  • Ivanr4g63Ivanr4g63 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done!

For signature editing:
    When logged-in to the forums, click on User CP (scroll all the way up on this screen, on the top left, usually under the TechExams image logo) this will take you to your control panel, and on the left hand side you'll have a menu of options, just look-up "Edit Signature" and there you'll see the right editing box for this.
    Ivanr4g63 wrote: »
    Well done!

For signature editing:
    When logged-in to the forums, click on User CP (scroll all the way up on this screen, on the top left, usually under the TechExams image logo) this will take you to your control panel, and on the left hand side you'll have a menu of options, just look-up "Edit Signature" and there you'll see the right editing box for this.

Hmmm, yeah I did look there. There is no "edit signature" in the user control panel. Under "Settings & Options" i just have: Edit Avatar, Edit Email & Password, Edit Options, and Edit Ignore List. "Your Profile" just has: Edit your details, customize profile, and profile privacy. The signature cannot be edited under any of these settings. It's not a big deal :P thanks for the reply though.

+ CCNA by next semester
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    JEarl wrote: »
    Hmmm, yeah I did look there. There is no "edit signature" in the user control panel. Under "Settings & Options" i just have: Edit Avatar, Edit Email & Password, Edit Options, and Edit Ignore List. "Your Profile" just has: Edit your details, customize profile, and profile privacy. The signature cannot be edited under any of these settings. It's not a big deal :P thanks for the reply though.

On the signature deal, im going to bet you need more posts to make one. Like 20 or so.
  • samuel235235235samuel235235235 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratz with the pass!
    [Currently Studying : MCSA: Server 2012/MCSA: Windows 8]
    [Currently Reading: ]
    [Current Qualifications: MCP, MCDST, A+, Network+]
    On the signature deal, im going to bet you need more posts to make one. Like 20 or so.

Yeah I did think that might be the reason as well.. It would make sense I guess.

+ CCNA by next semester
  • lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JEarl wrote: »
    Yeah I did think that might be the reason as well.. It would make sense I guess.

congrats icon_thumright.gif
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231