Testout subscription

wantolearnwantolearn Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi.

There are several postings about their labsim products. I would like to use them but their pricing is somewhat steep. It seems that if I take an online class at a college or university, get a .edu email address, I can get the discount. It there any other way?

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can have a free trial here >> LabSim Free Trial

I used it for my 70-284 exam, the tests were good but the trainer was as if he hadnt slept for a week and was stuppored. Try their tests, their training wasnt up to scratch atleast for the 284.

Cant help much, sorry.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I know that some people sell their used disks on ebay and amazon but you need to be careful of the version and I'm not sure if they will be supported for updates.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    earweed wrote: »
    I know that some people sell their used disks on ebay and amazon but you need to be careful of the version and I'm not sure if they will be supported for updates.

Not sure how labsim goes, but for CBT Nuggets or Transcender, that is a big nono. I can't see why labsim would have a different policy.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Not sure how labsim goes, but for CBT Nuggets or Transcender, that is a big nono. I can't see why labsim would have a different policy.

No need to wonder... :)

"Question: Can I use my license for more than one person?
    Answer: No
    Each course or library is licensed for a single user; meaning that it can only be used by one individual. Our courses are not transferable nor are they resalable. Additional libraries or licenses can be purchased at a discounted price. Single User License details."
    TestOut FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
  • johnhumphreyjohnhumphrey Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you call them you can get the entire library for like 700 dollars. Usually one course would cost you about 500 bucks. I used it for my A+, N+ and now using it for Windows 7. I would also get a book to go along with it. The labs are great. Do the trial version before you buy it though.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    When you say 'entire library' are you referring to everything they make or...? I know that may be a silly question but I'd love some clarification.
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    earweed wrote: »

You no longer receive media for most packages I believe, it's delivered via the Internet and is tied to your Labsim account. It has to be logged in once every 30 days if I recall, though I'm connected and logged in most of the time so I haven't actually run into the timer.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    For the 70-643 labsim I recently got through WGU I was given login info to a new labsim account, not even an activation code.for me to use with my own account.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • SongsmytheSongsmythe Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I purchased the entire library a couple of years ago for $1799. Since that time, TestOut sends me a coupon every month offering the entire library for an amount between $499 and $699 (YES, THE ENTIRE LIBRARY). My currrent coupon code is for $699. I have GIVEN these coupon codes to several friends and co-workers. The last time was last month and he went through the purchase online (we are in Afghanistan so that was the easiest way). I do not make a dime off of these referrals and I am not affiliated with TestOut. I can send you the code if you email me. You can either call TestOut with it or use it to purchase the package online.
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Songsmythe wrote: »
    I purchased the entire library a couple of years ago for $1799. Since that time, TestOut sends me a coupon every month offering the entire library for an amount between $499 and $699 (YES, THE ENTIRE LIBRARY). My currrent coupon code is for $699. I have GIVEN these coupon codes to several friends and co-workers. The last time was last month and he went through the purchase online (we are in Afghanistan so that was the easiest way). I do not make a dime off of these referrals and I am not affiliated with TestOut. I can send you the code if you email me. You can either call TestOut with it or use it to purchase the package online.

This is the reason I get the library cheap, got it once years back for almost a couple grand and now they offer it at a significant bargain each year. Pretty good for the money IMO.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    I almost want to PM you about one of those coupons if you still have one. The MCITP stuff alone would be worth it to me but I'm not at that point yet.
  • wantolearnwantolearn Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Songsmythe wrote: »

I tried to PM you but my message did not go thru, if the offer is still available you can pm me. Thanks
  • NickDogNickDog Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does anybody have any of the coupon codes for $700 or less they would like to share? Do we know if they actually work?
    Thanks guys! (and gals):)
  • busettabusetta Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    can you PM me with the code
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    @busetta,

the last post before yours was 2 years ago