Options

Details about LX0-102

mad_adymad_ady Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone!

I've just passed LX0-101 with a score of 760/800.
The exam was a bit challenging - about 1/4 of the questions were 'fill in the blanks' - which were tricky.

I studied after Sybex LPIC 1 Study Guide 2nd Edition (Feb 2009), and the information there was very relevant to the questions asked.

I would like to know if anybody passed the second exam (LX0-102), and if they could tell me if the questions in the exam were mostly centered around Samba/LDAP/Active Directory, because all of the demo questions I keep finding around the net are on these subjects, and I'm a bit lost.

Is LX0-102 centered around X/Security/Scripts/Networking/User management or does it have a different agenda?
Can anyone post some up-to-date exam objectives?

For the reference (not sure if I'm allowed to), I found the samba-oriented questions at this URL: ITExamsTube - Free CompTIA LX0-102 Exam Questions Answers by **** + **** + **** + RealExams + MeasureUp + Self Test Software Since I went through about half of them and there were no other subjects - they smell like fake to me, but I'd like an expert opinion on the subject.

Cheers,
Adrian

Comments

• Options
    Having looked over the requirements for LPIC1 - exam 102, I don't see samba anywhere... So the questions on the net must be fake.

Exam 102: Detailed Objectives / LPIC-1 / The LPIC Program / Certification / Home - LPI -
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mad_ady wrote: »
    For the reference (not sure if I'm allowed to), I found the samba-oriented questions at this URL: ITExamsTube - Free CompTIA LX0-102 Exam Questions Answers by ******** + ********* + *********** + RealExams + MeasureUp + Self Test Software Since I went through about half of them and there were no other subjects - they smell like fake to me, but I'd like an expert opinion on the subject.

Cheers,
    Adrian

Definitely stay away from that site, it has been classified as a brain **** via CertGuard.

Search
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback rogue :)

Not sure what a braindump is, but from my experience with it - it's nothing good if you want to actually pass the exam :)

I have just passed LX0-102, and I'd like to say it seemed easier than LX0-101, but in order to pass it, you need to be familiar with what they say in the coursebook.

There were few questions regarding the X server and its configuration, but there were questions about X login managers, as well as networking (netstat/route/resolv.conf/nsswitch.conf), and security (hosts.allow/cron.allow/at.allow).

I passed with 780/800 and apparently I made two mistakes.

I looked over sample questions from the LPIC1 exam and about 20-30% of those were on the actual exam.

I didn't find the exam(s) very difficult mostly because I had a lot of experience with Linux (about 10 years), so I just had to refresh my knowledge before taking the exam.

I would recommend hands-on experience for anyone who is just learning Linux and wants to take the exam, otherwise you can get lost in the details (all those cryptic commands and options...)

Best of luck to all!
  • Options
    krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    10 years of experience? OMG, so the test was like piece of cake.

Congratulations, well done. icon_thumright.gif LPIC-2 is next?
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    I'd suggest mad ady that you'd look at the objectives and requirements but I guess it's too late :D Congratulations on your pass and now that you have level 1 under your belt with so much experience level 2 would be a piece of cake for you icon_wink.gif or not... at that level you'll be tested against LDAP and Samba but also against poking the kernel (how many times have you been required in your 10 years working with linux to compile custom kernel?).
    With so much experience under your belt mad ady, what was the motivating factor to go after Linux +?
  • Options
    WillTech105WillTech105 Member Posts: 216
    Wow 10 yrs of exp? Nice I am sure you blew it out of the water.

I was working as adesktop guy for a few years so when it came to A+, Net+ I barely studied for it. I told myself though that unless I had prior exp, this test would of been tough.

Unfortunatly, I am now seeing this to be true with Linux+. Book theory isnt enough for this test, I failed it with a 520. Read the Sybex book and played with commands using Fedora, anything else one could do to get more "exp"? Unfortuantly getting a Linux job for 6 months isn't really an option right now.
    In Progress: CCNP ROUTE
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The exam was a bit challenging - about 1/4 of the questions were 'fill in the blanks' - which were tricky.

Sounds like the powered by LPI actually works out alright then :)

Thanks for the info and feedback. I may think about doing this Q1 next year because of the value for buck in terms of certs. :)

Cheers,

Pash
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    /pub/beer//pub/beer/ Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have just passed LX0-102, and I'd like to say it seemed easier than LX0-101, but in order to pass it, you need to be familiar with what they say in the coursebook.

I felt the same way. The 101 to me was more about memorizing fuctions/flags that I don't use on a day to day basis. 102 was more at home in the config files that I spend a lot of time in.

Looking forward to taking the 200's after I complete my RHCE.
    Certification Goal:
    - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯