Not seeing any multicast traffic

fonestar1978fonestar1978 Banned Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I am trying to setup two 3750's on a multicast network. I have enabled ip multicast routing and ip routing on the switches. I have enabled ip pim dense-mode on the svi's (vlan 1). But when I do "debug ip mpacket", "debug ip packet" and "debug ip mrouting" I am not seeing anything at all.

The two switches are connected via ethernet trunk? Could this be it? They need a L3 path or else a tunnel? Where to start?

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What are you using to generate multicast traffic on VLAN 1?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • fonestar1978fonestar1978 Banned Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    What are you using to generate multicast traffic on VLAN 1?

It is connected to multicasting vhf radios and their controllers by Motorola. I expected to see some hellos and such doing the various debugs but I didn't. When I do a "show ip igmp neighbors" I now see the Motorola.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Do you have routing between the 2 switches. It can even be a static route. and have you setup igmp snoopoing for the vlan. You should also have PIM between your 2 layer 3 interfaces. I'm still working, but I'll check back in after work, but to sum it up

Setup routing between the devices
    have the dense mode command on every layer 3 interface you are using.
    You should have a pim neighborship between your 2 layer 3 interfaces
    you should have IGMP at layer 2
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • oxzganoxzgan Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    Do you have routing between the 2 switches. It can even be a static route. and have you setup igmp snoopoing for the vlan. You should also have PIM between your 2 layer 3 interfaces. I'm still working, but I'll check back in after work, but to sum it up

Setup routing between the devices
    have the dense mode command on every layer 3 interface you are using.
    You should have a pim neighborship between your 2 layer 3 interfaces
    you should have IGMP at layer 2

yes exactly