Comptia question

demon12345demon12345 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just want to say thanks to this board, for putting information and study materials for certifications test.

I have just passed my Sec+ on Monday, and I just noticed they spelled my name wrong, I 'm excepting to get a headache from comptia because I have a feeling they are going to tell me to get court documents. My name was spelled wrong by one letter. I don't have time and I don't want to go to court can said say .... "who cares i passed it, and I have a pdf print out with the wrong name", and go ahead and take the Net + test, and this time make sure the center sends the correct information ?

any ideas ??

Comments

• ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Follow the instructions on the printout you received from the testing center. Mine state that if you name is incorrect then email them at questions@comptia.org and do not hit the submit for your demographics until they correct it.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • BusdriverBusdriver Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

I had the same problem. Click on the support link to get their 800 number and they will walk you through the process of submitting a ticket online for a name change. All I had to do was scan my Score Report and drivers license, and then upload it. It was corrected the following day.
  • krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Welcome to TE. Congratulations for the pass icon_cheers.gif
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations and welcome to the club! icon_thumright.gif
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    congrats on your pass!
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ajmatson wrote: »
    do not hit the submit for your demographics until they correct it.

Yep, there is a reason they don't send it out right away. I know you are able to change address information, I'm not sure if it gives you the option to change their name.

I also believe that the questions@comptia.com address is no longer in use. The last couple times I had to contact them I was forced to submit a ticket on their website which was a pain. (And they closed it right away, so then I had to open a new ticket referencing the initial ticket).
    Decide what to be and go be it.