Pvdm

auosauos Member Posts: 186
Hi,

For the home LAB with 2801 router, is the 1xPVDM2-8 is enough or should I put another 1xPVDMP2-16 with him.

Comments

• chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Couldn't you have asked this in the thread you already created about that lab? icon_lol.gif

You could do what I do and just get what seems feasible at the moment, and then grow your lab to bigger scales as your labs require.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • auosauos Member Posts: 186
    chmorin wrote: »
    Couldn't you have asked this in the thread you already created about that lab? icon_lol.gif

You could do what I do and just get what seems feasible at the moment, and then grow your lab to bigger scales as your labs require.

Ambiguous ????
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    What VICs/VWICs are you using? The second PVDM2 will certainly come in handy when you get to things like conferencing and transcoding - which require a single DSP chip alone. Alternately you could remove all voice cards to free up the DSP, practice conferencing/transcoding, and replace but that's the messy method ;)

Also, if you haven't already, check out the DSP calculator on Cisco.com:

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/DSP/cisco_prodsel.pl
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • auosauos Member Posts: 186
    pitviper wrote: »
    What VICs/VWICs are you using? The second PVDM2 will certainly come in handy when you get to things like conferencing and transcoding - which require a single DSP chip alone. Alternately you could remove all voice cards to free up the DSP, practice conferencing/transcoding, and replace but that's the messy method ;)

Also, if you haven't already, check out the DSP calculator on Cisco.com:

DSP Calculator - Cisco Systems

I used VIC-2FXO and VIC-2FXS
  • tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    just do your conferencing at the HQ and beef up that one with a pvdm2-32...

you can get by with remote sites with the pvdm2-8 ..

fractionalize your HQ to each site and that will give u 4 sites total with 7-8 channels per site with g.711 .. that will vary with other codecs

edit: thats if your planning on doing more than 1 site in your home lab (ccnp-v etc)