perferct score?

anyone ever get a perfect score on their certs? or is that impossible without a braindump?
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    anyone ever get a perfect score on their certs? or is that impossible without a braindump?

The closest I came was with Security+. (870/900).

I'm sure it's possible to achieve legitimately.
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I got the other kind of perfect score when I half-ass studied for the Windows 7 Client beta exam.

I got precisely the minimum passing score :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/70-294-ad-infra/51862-passed-1000-1000-a.html

It has been done here so I assume that it is possible without dumping.
    I got the other kind of perfect score when I half-ass studied for the Windows 7 Client beta exam.

I got precisely the minimum passing score icon_biggrin.gif

I did that on the Win7 exam too but not the beta version.
  • O'HurleyO'Hurley Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    872 on Net+ and 950 CCENT is the closest I've been so far.
    Currently Working On:
    -70-680, MCITP Enterprise Admin,
    -B.S. I.T (Net Design, Mgmt.)
    Currently Using/Reading:
    -Labsim 70-680
    -MS Press 70-680
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Depending on the exam vendor, I would be skeptical of a perfect... For example, there are just some questions on Microsoft exams that are completely ridiculous situations and there are no good choices for your answer... if someone obtained a perfect score on that sort of exam, I would have to assume braindumping.

Some vendors are better about that than others.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I got a perfect score on a few Cisco exams and close on a few others.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I did on one of the ITIL intermediate exams....I'm almost certain I got a perfect score on the PMP, but they don't tell you how many you missed/got right.

MS
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    O'Hurley wrote: »
    872 on Net+ and 950 CCENT is the closest I've been so far.

My highest so far have been 876 on Net+ and 933 on the 70-271...

I'm hoping to get a high score on the ICND1 as well. I think I may actually be over studying but I want to make sure I really know the stuff.
  • it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    I was one question of perfect on the TS: Configuring Windows Server Application Infrastructure. I literally use these things every day in my job, no braindumping needed.
  • Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    I scored 1000/1000 on my 70-351 but here is the thing, my mate had already sat the 70-350 and 70-351 and he told me a few things.

1 what to study
    2 the exams were almost identical so only study for 1
    3 if you think you can pass one then take both tests on the same day
    4 leave 30 mins between exams and have your laptop in the car

So I booked both exams, passed the first exam, ran out to my car and googled the answers on the questions I thought I got wrong, went back in a did the second exam in maybe 30 mins and maxed out.

Thing is I have never worked on ISA in production, do not really know ISA and although I list mcse sec on my CV never mention ISA.

I do not think it is normal to max out on any exam and even with the tips I had I still got lucky with the questions and some guesses, I am very ashamed of my score and have not told anyone (until now)

I view anyone with a maxed out score as a **** and anyone with 90%+ with suspicion, I will give anyone who states such scores the hardest interview ever.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    100% on my ISO 20000 Foundation Exam.

I also got a 26/40 on my MOFF V4 (Barely Passed) and failed Project +. :/

That is it.
    Mojo_666 wrote: »
    I do not think it is normal to max out on any exam and even with the tips I had I still got lucky with the questions and some guesses, I am very ashamed of my score and have not told anyone (until now)

I view anyone with a maxed out score as a **** and anyone with 90%+ with suspicion, I will give anyone who states such scores the hardest interview ever.

It's not common but it happens. I'm not one to automatically jump to conclusions strictly based on a test score though (i.e. assume they cheated). I'll give people the benefit of the doubt, if they did use **** to achieve their score it's very likely to be pretty darn obvious be it interacting with them on the job, interacting with them right here on these forums, or having them sit across from you as you interview them for a position. So I'll take their word for it without formulating any assumptions until I see them in action at which point if they cheated, they will make it known soon enough.

Regarding conducting the hardest interview ever if someone stated scores like you mention - I'd hit people with pretty brutal interviews regardless of if they mentioned to me or noted on their resume high or perfect exam scores. The exam scores being mentioned in themselves are not going to cause me to drill them any harder, but it's going to make me question their personality type as IMO it's one thing to be proud of a high or pefect score but to disclose it in that sort of situation is tacky if you ask me - in my past experiences, the not so humble one's when it comes to a professional setting such as an interview who cross the line of selling yourself into bragging aren't easy to get along with in a lot of team settings.
    It's not common but it happens. I'm not one to automatically jump to conclusions strictly based on a test score though (i.e. assume they cheated). I'll give people the benefit of the doubt, if they did use **** to achieve their score it's very likely to be pretty darn obvious be it interacting with them on the job, interacting with them right here on these forums, or having them sit across from you as you interview them for a position. So I'll take their word for it without formulating any assumptions until I see them in action at which point if they cheated, they will make it known soon enough.

Regarding conducting the hardest interview ever if someone stated scores like you mention - I'd hit people with pretty brutal interviews regardless of if they mentioned to me or noted on their resume high or perfect exam scores. The exam scores being mentioned in themselves are not going to cause me to drill them any harder, but it's going to make me question their personality type as IMO it's one thing to be proud of a high or pefect score but to disclose it in that sort of situation is tacky if you ask me - in my past experiences, the not so humble one's when it comes to a professional setting such as an interview who cross the line of selling yourself into bragging aren't easy to get along with in a lot of team settings.

You know what, in reality I would probably go along with your logic and reasoning and OFC the other people who form part of this process add the reasoning that you did, I guess knowing how I maxed a score makes me look at them differently.
    You know what, in reality I would probably go along with your logic and reasoning and OFC the other people who form part of this process add the reasoning that you did, I guess knowing how I maxed a score makes me look at them differently.

Well, on the flip side though. You did know enough to have a good idea on which questions you got wrong. So you decided to try and find out if that was the case and probably did pickup some knowledge in doing so. In my mind, that route is substantially different than just finding some **** and memorizing the answers. Even if were preemptively thinking you wanted to read up about what you got wrong strictly to get better marks on the next exam - you still went through an actual learning process in my opinion rather than a memorization process. You identified what your weak spots were on your own, without the aid of the answers (a ****) and took initiative to read up about those areas inbetween exams. I can't really fault you for that, unless you memorized the actual questions and googled those specifically - not just what bit of knowledge would be needed to be understood to answer a similar question. :D
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not to take away from what the OP was originally trying to ascertain, but seriously....

Whether I score the lowest on an exam, and you score the highest, what do you expect to get?

Some people have a problem with taking these kinds of tests.....even though they are EXPERTs in what they're being tested on. But you don't get a parade thrown for you in your honor if you get a perfect score!!
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've never had a perfect score, though I've been close once or twice. I think the closest was 70-646, on which I scored in the high 900s. To me it felt like an easy, high-level review of exams 70-640 and 70-642. I thoroughly read the Sybex book for each exam, and did every lab and more, so I was very well prepared.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »

I got 100% on the Compaq Insight Manager test in 1998 which I took the last day of the 3 day course. Mind you I was up half the night going over the course book.

Other than that I never aced an MS/Cisco/Novell test. It's possible though. You may just be in the zone on test day, studied really well, get the right test, be simply marvellous at these tests or just be simply marvellous. Or you could just use ****.

But a footprint of heavy 900+ scores leaves a bad taste in the mouth IMHO. This was something a friend of mine mentioned in 2001 about MS tests and she was really accomplished working for an MS partner for HP in Germany.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Turgon wrote: »
    I got 100% on the Compaq Insight Manager test in 1998 which I took the last day of the 3 day course. Mind you I was up half the night going over the course book.

Other than that I never aced an MS/Cisco/Novell test. It's possible though. You may just be in the zone on test day, studied really well, get the right test, be simply marvellous at these tests or just be simply marvellous. Or you could just use ****.

But a footprint of heavy 900+ scores leaves a bad taste in the mouth IMHO. This was something a friend of mine mentioned in 2001 about MS tests and she was really accomplished working for an MS partner for HP in Germany.

I think aceing an exam one time isn't a good indicator of dumping. I would be more suspicious of someone cracking out exams one right after another and nailing 900's or 90%+. That's just me though
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    i got very close on ccent and CCNA tests. (950+ for both)

and on other exams at school and uni I got a few 100%. its not impossible, if you really know the subject the I could easly see some one getting 100% for the entry level certs.

For the high end certs though I would be a bit more specious but still not impossible by any means.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just got 100% the CIW Site Designer exam recently without using ****. It's not really much to brag about or anything though, it is a fairly basic exam that is more common sense than anything. I've never gotten 100% on an MS$ or CompTia exam, and find it very difficult to do but not impossible.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□

Spoken like a true 3.0 student...

Not to be a dick but to treat anyone capable of perfection on an exam as a **** is both ignorant and insulting. You really have to look at context more so than pure results. Nothing beats studying your butt off and really owning the material like being accused of cheating. Some people study for perfection, not just to pass. I can tell you that when I take a SANS exam - which tells you whether you got a question right or wrong immediately - I physically cringe when I see that I failed a question.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    N2IT wrote: »
    I think aceing an exam one time isn't a good indicator of dumping. I would be more suspicious of someone cracking out exams one right after another and nailing 900's or 90%+. That's just me though

Some people are really good test takers. Others are not. Remember that guy you went to school with that barely studied the night before, and knocked the final out in 30 minutes with an A while everyone else was taking 2 hours? That was me. Multiple choice tests are a joke most of the time.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Not to take away from what the OP was originally trying to ascertain, but seriously....

Whether I score the lowest on an exam, and you score the highest, what do you expect to get?

Some people have a problem with taking these kinds of tests.....even though they are EXPERTs in what they're being tested on. But you don't get a parade thrown for you in your honor if you get a perfect score!!

We're not supposed to tell you this, but you do get a parade with a perfect score. :D
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Paul Boz wrote: »

Not to be a dick but to treat anyone capable of perfection on an exam as a **** is both ignorant and insulting. You really have to look at context more so than pure results. Nothing beats studying your butt off and really owning the material like being accused of cheating. Some people study for perfection, not just to pass. I can tell you that when I take a SANS exam - which tells you whether you got a question right or wrong immediately - I physically cringe when I see that I failed a question.

LOL, I agree, but also would point out that Mojo is from the UK, where they use an entirely different grading scale than we are used to here in our schools. Perfection is very uncommon graded against that scale, and although I don't completely agree with his sentiment, I can see where he's coming from....

However, we all know that the vast majority of certification exams are not graded according to a UK-type grading system....

MS
  • cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    I've gotten near perfect scores with about 30 days of studying for my CompTIA certifications. All about understanding concepts, experience and really depends on how well people absorb the material. The exams themselves are not difficult and pretty straight forward, so if someone achieves a perfect score, it's not out of the realm of possibility. I do know that brain **** run rampant, but certifications honestly don't mean a thing if you don't have the experience to back it up.
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I've never scored perfect on a cert exam, but there's a couple I'm sure I only missed one question on judging by the score report.

I usually score pretty high on cert exams though, there have only been two where my score was barely scraping by. I've always been a good test taker, just the way I am. In high school, I could have been a dean's list student if I'd done my homework, but I didn't, and skated by on my test grades.

I tend not to mention what I score to other folks though, just because the perception is that if you score really high, you cheated. When it comes down to it, I'm perfectly willing to take the Pepsi challenge with anyone who wants to call into question my competence.
  • SabaloSabalo Member Posts: 100
    I've never got a perfect score, but I've been close. I think my highest score was on the 70-686... I got a 970 without dumping. Granted, I had a couple of factors going for me:

- The test itself was a pretty easy one.
    - The test itself was very new.

I went through the MS Press book, I purchased the official (Microsoft sanctioned) Measureup practice material, went through the entire 97 question bank, and rocked the test. Say what you like, but the age of MS tests in particular matters. New tests have small banks and thus even official study material is pretty spot-on.

I'm also taking tests pretty rapidly, here... but then, my down time at work (12 hours work days 6x weekly, mind) is generally spend reading material, VMing, and practicing. I'm also on my 13th test for the year, 12 of which have been Microsoft... so I suspect I not only have the material down, I have the test style down. I know what MS is looking for, more often than not.

A perfect score would be neat, but I'm never really shooting for perfection. A 700 is as good as a 1000 when it comes to earning an MCSA/MCSE/MCITP merit badge. A 700 might make me more cautious, where a 900 might get me moving faster. That's all.
    I'm no expert, I'm just a guy with some time, money, and the desire to learn a few things.

Completed ITILv3 on 11/20, working on College & METEO, reading Classics on my Kindle, organizing my music library with Mediamonkey & TuneUp, trying to lose a wee bit of weight by running, eating less, and lifting weights, planning for my stateside vacation, and wasting time posting on forums.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Just a question...

How do you know that you've achieved a perfect score on a MCP/MCTS route exam?

To my knowledge, Microsoft has only released the maximum scores for the Office based exams (MOS, which is 1000).

They have only released the passing scores for the MCP/MCTS route (which is 700) and the MTA route (which is 70).
    Microsoft wrote:
    A common misperception is that you must answer 70 percent of the items correctly in order to pass the exam; however, the actual percentage varies from exam to exam and may be more or less than 70 percent.

See here & here.

Unless I've missed something?

-Ken
    Paul Boz wrote: »

[FONT=&quot]Well how I quiz them gives them a chance to prove me wrong, which is fine with me, it is just such a rare event I would by lying if I said **** wasn't the first thing that came to mind, genius would not be the first word that jumped into my head that's for sure. The sad thing is there are a lot more people in this game willing to **** and **** than there are those who want to or even have the time to strive for perfection. I have met many of the former and not one of the latter so while I would love to go through my life constantly thinking the best about people the reality is based on my many years of experience I simply judge based on what I see round me every day, I am always willing to be proven wrong mind.[/FONT]
  • SabaloSabalo Member Posts: 100
    How do you know that you've achieved a perfect score on a MCP/MCTS route exam?

If your score in each of the sections listed on the test is maxed out, I suspect that you could infer that your score is the maximum score. icon_wink.gif Generally, people who max the sections out get 1000.
    I'm no expert, I'm just a guy with some time, money, and the desire to learn a few things.

Completed ITILv3 on 11/20, working on College & METEO, reading Classics on my Kindle, organizing my music library with Mediamonkey & TuneUp, trying to lose a wee bit of weight by running, eating less, and lifting weights, planning for my stateside vacation, and wasting time posting on forums.