Sec+ beat me

jschreckjschreck Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ya,
about 2 weeks ago the test beat me. ;-( So it is not a easy test. Kinda really took the wind out of my sails. The acronyms killed me, Nids and a few other items.

Schreck

Comments

• MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Study some more and retake the exam! Dont give up!
  • simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
    Yup, study more and retake. What study material did you use?
  • manny355manny355 Member Posts: 134
    Yeah...do a bit more studying and i'm sure you will nail it.

(Just as a side note...the gibson book goes over Nids and Hids and bluejacking and bluesnarfing and the like)

good luck on your next test
  • superman859superman859 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I recommend Darril Gibson's book Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead if you haven't cheked it out yet. It will provide good coverage of what is on Sec+ without being too verbose and going into details that aren't needed.

For me, DG's book really helped clear up a few topics that I needed to understand the "overview" and "big picture" before the details - my other Sec+ book just gives the details but skips the overview - making it harder than it needs to be.

After DG's book, you should be able to handle Sec+ and you can check out some other books for additional details on topics you are more interested in.
    Degrees: B.S. Computer Science, B.S. Mathematics

Certifications: Network+, Security+

In-Progress: M.S. Computer Science, CEH
  • lockdnloadedlockdnloaded Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah the test wasn't easy by any means. Just get some new study material. That helps me when I need to see the info presented a different way for me to get it. I used 3 different books for this test cause it just didn't click for me.

Good luck man and I hope to see your next post stating you passed that sucker!
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Its strange that they didn't put the meaning to the acronyms on a test.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    jschreck wrote: »
    Ya,
    about 2 weeks ago the test beat me. ;-( So it is not a easy test. Kinda really took the wind out of my sails. The acronyms killed me, Nids and a few other items.

Schreck

What was your score and what did you use for study? I hope it wasn't the CompTIA book that WGU provides.......that's currently used as a paperweight. LOL.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    erpadmin wrote: »
    What was your score and what did you use for study? I hope it wasn't the CompTIA book that WGU provides.......that's currently used as a paperweight. LOL.
    I chunked my copy in a bonfire we had. Along with WGUs Net+ book. Both of them were useless.
    Cheer up Schreck, You'll get it next time.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Don't sweat it man. Now you know what to expect for next time. Grab the Darril Gibson book that everyone talks about and schedule a rematch.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Failing an exam is hard to swallow, but don't give it up. Those acronyms are crucial for the exam. Good luck and icon_study.gif
  • TheGuyTheGuy Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear it, man. Don't let it get you down though. It isnt an easy test. At least you know what to expect when you go back in there.