tools to conquer...

CCNTraineeCCNTrainee Member Posts: 213
Okay, these are what I have in my possession to take the Net+ Exam. I have videos of CBT Nuggets, for reading book material, I have the passport version of Meyer's Net+ book, and lastly have access to an online site, VTE.

My question is this, would this be enough for the Exam, and do you guys have any other recommendations and advice, thank you for your time and help.

Comments

• NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    In my day there was an app called ExamDrill which was an MS Access based Flash Card prog

To my knowledge it was not a **** prog, and it helped me get my facts straight.

It might even be freeware these days and would be worth looking into as the fundamentals are still pretty much the same

Phils in 7 I hope

:)
  • security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello everyone,

I am about to purchase a book in preparation of the Net+ exam. I need advice as to which book I should purchase. Should I purchase Todd Lammle (Net+ study guide) or Mike Meyers (all in one)?

I am a security analyst, however, I am on a quest to become a bit more techical. So, I figured I would take the Net+ to give me a basic understand.

PS - I have very little experience in networking. Thanks in advance!
  • security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello everyone,

I am about to purchase a book in preparation of the Net+ exam. I need advice as to which book I should purchase. Should I purchase Todd Lammle (Net+ study guide) or Mike Meyers (all in one)?

I am a security analyst, however, I am on a quest to become a bit more techical. So, I figured I would take the Net+ to give me a basic understand.

PS - I have very little experience in networking. Thanks in advance!

Didn't mean to post this here..I guess that is what i get for doing this when i suppose to be working...:D
  • lockdnloadedlockdnloaded Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CCNTrainee wrote: »
    Okay, these are what I have in my possession to take the Net+ Exam. I have videos of CBT Nuggets, for reading book material, I have the passport version of Meyer's Net+ book, and lastly have access to an online site, VTE.

My question is this, would this be enough for the Exam, and do you guys have any other recommendations and advice, thank you for your time and help.

I would get the Lamle(Sybex) book . It was also a good reference for my Sec+ exam. Seems like alot of the guys are partial to Mike Meyers book for Net+. I tryed to use the passport book for SEC + but it was lacking some details. Good Luck
  • superman859superman859 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I never used any passport books but I did use Mike Meyers All-In-One Network+ book. I thought it was excellent. Granted, I only scored about an 800 or so on that exam, so it wasn't perfect, but I did find it super readable and enjoyable to read. I actually intend to look over it again sometime to make sure I still have it all down.
    Degrees: B.S. Computer Science, B.S. Mathematics

Certifications: Network+, Security+

In-Progress: M.S. Computer Science, CEH