TSHOOT Exam Booked!!!

davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi People,

Just advising you all that I have already booked my CCNP TSHOOT exam for the 29th of this month...

As always, are there any last minute tips anyone would like to give me (or anyone sitting the TSHOOT soon)?

Wish me luck :)

Regards,
David
Failure is a stepping stone to success...

Comments

• PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Congrats on taking the first step! :D

I passed my TSHOOT on the 25th of July this year, while failing both ROUTE and SWITCH... beat that if you can!

The best suggestion I can give you is to go through the TSHOOT tutorial on the Cisco site and also before the exam. Also, the different tickets that you will get will seem to be VERY similar, so check the configs really thoroughly and read everything over and over again. Take your time, and you can always abandon a ticket in progress and go look at the network for another ticket to get an idea of what an 'unbroken' part looks like, as opposed to it being broken in another ticket.... if that made any sense.

Just ask if you want any help!
  • borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey good luck to you, you may want to read this guys comments (believe he post here as well):Urban Cisco Engineer: TSHOOT Passed

Sounds like the bottoum-up method is the best to use when trouble-shooting the issues on the test, again best of luck to you.
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks guys!!!

PsychoFin, on a scale of 1 to 10 how hard was the exam? 1 being CCENT and 10 being CCIE.

Regards,
    David
    Okay, I have moved my exam to tomorrow 10:00am...

I hope I pass,

Regards,
    David
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    Thanks guys!!!

PsychoFin, on a scale of 1 to 10 how hard was the exam? 1 being CCENT and 10 being CCIE.

Regards,
    David

I thought a 4. If you've passed the other two exams, its quite easy (as long as you are good with troubleshooting). If you passed the other two based upon just learning to pass, rather than learning to learn, then you may struggle.

It's definitely not as difficult as the other two CCNP exams though :)
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    I agree with stu, it wasn't as hard as the other two exams, however you need to have a troubleshooting methodology/plan to go by when troubleshooting.

I enjoyed this exam a lot as I had to use skills instead of memorized asnwers to solve stuff :D

Cheers,
    Fin
    stuh84 wrote: »
    I thought a 4. If you've passed the other two exams, its quite easy (as long as you are good with troubleshooting). If you passed the other two based upon just learning to pass, rather than learning to learn, then you may struggle.

It's definitely not as difficult as the other two CCNP exams though :)

If that's the case then I hope to MURDER the exam!!! I aced the ROUTE and SWITCH because I studied so hard for it, not to pass but to understand the technology and how it works!!!

Thanks for the tips guys, going to the test center now, will update when done.

Regards,
    David