Passed Sec +!

lockdnloadedlockdnloaded Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
That test was not fun. I got an 809, which was alot better than what I thought I got( I was sure I failed!). It was the hardest test for me so far in the Comptia line. I think if you take everyones advice on the forum (like I did) and just read the question it will get you closer to the answer at times. At other times I just (shhh don't repeat this) guessed the first answer that came to mind and didn't look back. (don't laugh it worked).

My study material was Darril's book (great book!), Transcender (good), Techexams study guide(GREAT FOR THE PRICE!) and Mike Myers Passport book(ok). All seemed to work well together.

I am now off to 70-640 land. Well first there will be some drinking today and I will start the next book tomorrow.icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! Welcome to the club!!! icon_thumright.gif
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • lockdnloadedlockdnloaded Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
    congrats m8, well earned icon_cool.gif
    Next on Tap>> WGU B.S. IT - Network Administration
    MCSA:2008 Complete >> Capstone left!

####################################
    "One of God's own prototypes... too weird to live, too rare to die..."
  • bobbaftbobbaft Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My study material was Darril's book (great book!), Transcender (good), Techexams study guide(GREAT FOR THE PRICE!) and Mike Myers Passport book(ok). All seemed to work well together.

I'm using the Transcender right now and read Mike Myers' passport book...and I plan on buying Darril's book as a final review.

From my MS testing experience in the past, the Transcenders were usually more than enough to get a pass...just out of curiosity, do you think the Sec+ Transcender is the same? I only ask because I'm scoring 90% on the Transcenders (except for that blasted Encryption section) and am wondering if I'm ready. I don't want to get into the test and be like "WTF are they talking about?" on questions! I'm still going to read Darrill's book as a review.
  • cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    Congrats, very well earned.
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
  • higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Congrats!!

btw I only used DG's book for my main resource. Its really all you need. Just make sure to take your take and go over your answers.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    bobbaft wrote: »
    I'm using the Transcender right now and read Mike Myers' passport book...and I plan on buying Darril's book as a final review.

From my MS testing experience in the past, the Transcenders were usually more than enough to get a pass...just out of curiosity, do you think the Sec+ Transcender is the same? I only ask because I'm scoring 90% on the Transcenders (except for that blasted Encryption section) and am wondering if I'm ready. I don't want to get into the test and be like "WTF are they talking about?" on questions! I'm still going to read Darrill's book as a review.

If you have Darril's book, READ IT NOW!

Transcenders were much harder than the actual exam....find my passed thread and I go into it a bit. (8/26/2010)
  • lockdnloadedlockdnloaded Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bobbaft wrote: »

Yes Sec+ Transcender is the same. I agree with ER, Darril's book is probably the best for the SEC+. I felt like his questions were more relevant to the test. Where as I felt the Transcender (although tough questions) got a little to in depth on some info. I took Darril's final on Thursday morning and got and 91, I passed the real thing with an 809 on friday morning. That's why I think Darrils book is a good judge on how your going to do. I was getting 99 and 100's on the transcender stuff........(but I'm also bad about memorizing questions......) That's why I went back to DG's book and used it as a final measure as to whether I was ready or not.

Lastly read the question, I think that is the biggest key. The answer was in the question most of the time. Good luck.
  • superman859superman859 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! There were some that I wasn't sure of the answer they were looking for either, so I too just picked the first one that came to mind! Worked for me too!
    Degrees: B.S. Computer Science, B.S. Mathematics

Certifications: Network+, Security+

In-Progress: M.S. Computer Science, CEH
  • ShawksShawks Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well Done!
    Stephen Hawks
    B.S.I.T
    Started Dec 1, 2010
    Completed: EWB,BAC1,BBC1,CLC1, LAE1, INC1, LAT1, TEV1, TTV1, LUT1, QLC1, INT1, WFV1,WSV1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1 ,QMC1, QLT1,TSV1,AKV1,LWC1, LET1, ORC1, IWT1,WDV1,MGC1, TPV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, C220,C221. DEGREE COMPLETED!
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Awesome and congratulations!