Second shot or single early expiry? (70-680)

ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
I've been icon_study.gif for the 70-680 casually since August and I'm beginning to get comfortable with most of the objectives. It's time to sign up for the exam after maybe a 2 week study session of 2 - 4 hours a day, so I'll be looking at maybe no later than November 15th for an exam date. This is my very first certification exam (English CLEP doesn't count does it? lol... )

Is it worth it to get a second shot voucher? It's $135 right now here: http://www.getcertify4less.com/microsoft-second-shot-test-pro.asp

For $25 less I could do the single shot early expiry icon_sad.gif Is the 70-680 really that hard? I've seen many people on techexams talk about taking that exam and failing it. I'm really nervous and concerned about the waste of money if I failed.
Climb a mountain, tell no one.

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Unless you're strapped for cash you should probably do the second shot. It's a really hard exam.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I havn't found it to be difficult but don't underestimate it and make sure you cover all topics in the book and if you can lab with Windows Server 2008 R2 that would be even better.
  • apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    Since this is your first IT certification, I recommend the second shot. If you fail the first time, you can consider it a practice test :D. You'll also know what to expect the next time around.
    Usus magister est optimus
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    apena7 wrote: »
    Since this is your first IT certification, I recommend the second shot. If you fail the first time, you can consider it a practice test :D. You'll also know what to expect the next time around.

Yeah, it's sort of like having a new professor and you're not accustomed to how he/she grades. I'll go with the 2nd shot, and when it's time to take 70-646 I'll know if the single shot or 2nd chance would be the best way to go. Thanks for the help!
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    25 bucks for the insurance is still convenient. Good luck, icon_thumright.gif