Best study material? ...want to pass in a week

robaatorobaato Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
I stumbled across this site google surfing. I read the CompTia book which was like reading how to watch paint dry and then trying to answer questions on the formulas of different colors. icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_study.gif Project+ = sleeping.gif (icon_scratch.gif+icon_scratch.gif) / icon_eek.gif = crash.gif

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to the Forums!
    It's going to take you more than a week. The CompTIA book is pretty useless as are all of the CompTIA books provided by WGU. If you are a WGU student (taking Project+ using the CommpTIA book I'm assuming you are) go to books 24x7 and get the newest edition of the Project+ book published by Sybex. That'll help you out.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • robaatorobaato Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes WGU and computer major. Business classes make as much sense to me as French, but unfortunately no way around required stuff.

I'm not sure which is the Sybex book. I've been reading the Study Guide. Oh looks like it's by Sybex but I have no idea if it's the same as what everyone refers to.

I've found the Skillsoft software to be the best learning tool for people like me (visual learners and not photographic memmory).
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The sybex study guide is the best book I can recommend. It's not great but it'll do. What program are you in?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Networks Administration Emphasis. I have to finish the BS before I can do the MS, which feels like BS but i'm sick of the political BS at work which is butt kissing, brown nosing yes men lemmings BS.

I remember a few jobs ago, he director of IT had a MS in Oceanography. He called his computer a CPU or a hard rive. He called the monitor a tv. Needless to say, he knew nothing about IT but he had a ms degree but I will refer to it as a BS degree.

Anyhow, yes the sybex study guide is what the ComTia should be but it's still a months worth of reading. Too much fluff and not enough explaining. I'm going to keep working with the SkillSoft software. So far it has proven as my best learning tool.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    not much out there for project+

im reading the sybex on books 24/7 but its not the best book ive read but it is alot better than the one wgu sent me
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
    I tried the U-Certify trial but wasn't very impressed. I didn't get access to M-Up which I've found as one of the best prep tools. Has anyone tried pas-g or test-k? There's a few others. Some with bad reviews or they only list the 002 and not the 003 exam.

I've been trying to icon_study.gif the CAPM and CompTIA study guides as well as Sybex and the CompTia course book which is the worst. I really don't understand how they can put "your asnwers may include something like this" wtfrack? ...so they may not include those. If CompTia doesn't know the answers how will I?

It takes me too long to read which is going to be the failure of this exam as you are allotted 1 min per question. Add on top of that all the fake answers which have one of the two or three words correct and then formulas. icon_confused.gif:
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    in the back of the comptia book there are some slide shows you can give those a shot
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
    robaato wrote: »
    I tried the U-Certify trial but wasn't very impressed. I didn't get access to M-Up which I've found as one of the best prep tools. Has anyone tried pas-g or test-k? There's a few others. Some with bad reviews or they only list the 002 and not the 003 exam.

I've been trying to icon_study.gif the CAPM and CompTIA study guides as well as Sybex and the CompTia course book which is the worst. I really don't understand how they can put "your asnwers may include something like this" wtfrack? ...so they may not include those. If CompTia doesn't know the answers how will I?

It takes me too long to read which is going to be the failure of this exam as you are allotted 1 min per question. Add on top of that all the fake answers which have one of the two or three words correct and then formulas. icon_confused.gif:

Is there anyone still taking this course? So far Skillsoft has been the best resource. What i'm worried about is multi answer questions (and formulas). If I select 3 out of 5 or 4 when there's only 3 or 4 of 4 but 1 or 2 of them is the wrong then the whole thing is wrong. Has anyone purchased any of those other training software's?
  • cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    Welcome to the forum. What is your background when it comes to project management? Why do you want to pursue this certification, especially with the short turn around time?
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD