CCNP exam -required 12.4 IOS?

erfolg255erfolg255 Banned Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi just found on the certyficationkit.com that when I planning buy cisco kit i need 12.4 to be prepare to exam. Does it mean that i need to buy only routers with 12.4 IOS? becouse not to many i can find it on ebay...

Comments

• nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    what gear have you been looking at on ebay? maybe you could post some links and people could give advice
    WIP: IPS exam
  • erfolg255erfolg255 Banned Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    yes you do realy want 12.4. but you can upgrade a router with less to this if you obtain the ios. so if you purchase a router with 12.3 it should be possible to upgrade it.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Is it big difference between 12.3 12.4 ? that we need to spend money for upgrade? Do you know how much it cost? do I need to pay for every device upgrade or just one :)

Thank you for your help :)
  • mensmens Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Get routers that are capable of running, or can be upgraded to, 12.4, and worry about getting the actual IOS images later.
    I've actually found the ready lab on ebay, and price is quite OK, I still need to consider this however they have mostly IOS 12.4 on all routers. I know that better is buy separate but on ebay.co.uk there are not to many, and the cost of posting each plus WIC-1t, cables, equals almost the same price like for ready.
  • PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
    If you want the cheapest way to play with 12.4 cisco 831's run it and they are only about 30-40 bucks on ebay.