TSHOOT pass, CCNP

xxdrexxxxdrexx Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I gotta say after BSCI and BCMSN I was prepared for this test to be a LOT harder... But I'm glad it wasn't because I passed and got another set of letters to go in my email signature! :)

I don't post much but thanks to the forum, this is a great resource for studying.

Next up... I don't know. I have the books for CCNA:Voice, CCNA:Sec and CCIE written... decisions decisions.

Comments

• IT_FANIT_FAN Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the Alumni!!!!
    CompTIA A+ (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Network + (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Security + (2008 Edition) | CASP | CCDA | CCNA | CCNAS | CCNAV | CCDP | CCNP | CCNP:Security | MCTS | MCP | MCSA | MCSE | MCITP:EA | ITIL v3 Foundation 8)
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Congrats! I would say choose what interests you the most for your next one. BGP/MPLS and possibly Arch/Design couldn't hurt towards achieving the coveted CCIE.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    Congrats, I have this exam scheduled for 2 weeks away :)

How did you find it? most of my friends that have sat it, said it was quite easy. But I'm unsure what to expect.
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    Congrats, feels good doesn't it? I thought this exam was pretty easy as long as you know the topology and have a good troubleshooting technique.
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good for you my friend and congrats!!!

icon_thumright.gif

Hoping to join the CCNP team soon as I only need two passes to get there

It's looking like ROUTE needs you to really know IPv6 and of course delve deeper into EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, the new RIP version, and of course they want you to know how to plan out network changes.

I will probably not be ready for TSHOOT until late next year, so hopefully it will still be as "easy" as folks are saying.

I have never seen an easy Cisco test but then again you never know until you give it a try.

Anyhow my opinions on the new tests are 100% **** free as I have not sat for any of them.

Rock on y'all

Phils in 7
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

Im doing the CCNA:S as soon as I finish the TSHOOT (hopefully next Friday)

;)

So have you decided yet?

Regards,
    David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!!! Way to start off the weekend... make sure you drunken_smilie.gificon_cheers.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    well done !
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • xxdrexxxxdrexx Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oh I'm not saying it was easy... but it just wasn't as hard as I was expecting.

There was a celebration last night, to be sure. :)

Yeah I've been looking at CCDA/CCDP also. Those and CCIE probably have most relevance for my job right now. But I used to be a firewall administrator so the CCNA:Security seems like it'd be easy to knock out and interesting to learn. I think the CCNA:Voice might force me to brush up on QoS and the like... Not sure I want to go down the Cisco voice path very far though because at work we're standardized on Avaya phones.

I think for now I'm going to take a well-earned break for a month or so. :)
  • creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

It seems TSHOOT isn't that bad for folks who studied their SWITCH/BCMSN/ROUTE/BSCI properly.

Also, I have to ask, what is NW in your location?
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • xxdrexxxxdrexx Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□

Also, I have to ask, what is NW in your location?

North West suburbs of Chicago, IL. :)