Testing in 24 hours (70-291 Infrastructure)

DraxtheSovietDraxtheSoviet Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
So, this moment has finally come. I will be taking on a beast exactly in 24 hours or tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. (EST)

I got N+ certified on September 02, 2010 and started to study for this exam 2 weeks later. Hopefully, I'll do fine!
"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell

Comments

• steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    First off, good luck! I've been putting 291 off for as long as I can!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dang...only 2 weeks to study for this one??

Good luck. I hope you post a pass on your next post.

I'm hoping to take it by Thanksgiving
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• GosU-TecHGosU-TecH Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice! We almost have the same score. I got 9 sims.
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif

Did you benefit from taking it right after the Net+? I'm going the same route and was just curious. I have the 291 left to complete my MCSA, but I'm studying for the N+ now to lock it in before the new year and 3-year renewal policy. Figured it would help a lot with the content in the 291.
  • DraxtheSovietDraxtheSoviet Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    GosU-TecH wrote: »
    Did you benefit from taking it right after the Net+? I'm going the same route and was just curious. I have the 291 left to complete my MCSA, but I'm studying for the N+ now to lock it in before the new year and 3-year renewal policy. Figured it would help a lot with the content in the 291.

Yes, I did benefit from taking the Beast right after the Network+. Though, not as much as I would've liked to. But it does help to know all the different TCP/IP ports such as DNS (53), and especially subnetting. I'd say most of the things that were on the test are from 70-290, just in more detail. If you've been playing around with Server 03 you should be good, just make sure to focus on and know everything about DNS, DHCP, NAT, Command line tools(!), and the Access Control chapter (Encryption and Remote Access). There isn't much to the hardware part.
    "When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes Drax...I was/am referring to deemee1988. I see you studied "like a real man". So I misread the post and now see it was him/her and not you. I apologize. I didnt have my morning coffee at the time icon_rolleyes.gif.

What all did you use? RRAS is just sooooo boring I'm having difficulties making it thru the chapters without dozing off . I'm also using CBT Nuggets and Testout.

Were the sims straight up or tricky?
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• DraxtheSovietDraxtheSoviet Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Breadfan wrote: »
    Yes Drax...I was/am referring to deemee1988. I see you studied "like a real man". So I misread the post and now see it was him/her and not you. I apologize. I didnt have my morning coffee at the time icon_rolleyes.gif.

What all did you use? RRAS is just sooooo boring I'm having difficulties making it thru the chapters without dozing off . I'm also using CBT Nuggets and Testout.

Were the sims straight up or tricky?

Testout does help a lot. Makes for some variety when you're reading a boring book. I would read a chapter in the book first, then watch a vid on it. For labs, I used Virtual PC to connect 2 servers (one a DC, the other - a member server).

The sims were pretty tricky, I think I've missed two of them (there were 9 in total). I remember one was on IPSec policies, I tried to do something there, but got completely lost.

p.s. I tried watching CBT Nuggets when studying for 70-290. I fell asleep everytime Mr. Conrad started talking. Please don't get me wrong, he knows what he's talking about, it's just that the lessons were too long and his voice killed me everytime.icon_rolleyes.gif

--Alexander Graham Bell