Options

Got a callback 2 months later

smg1138smg1138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
So, I got a callback on Friday from a company I interviewed with 2 months ago. The thing is, I've already started another job since then. I took a Desktop Support job a little over a month ago because I needed the paycheck, but this callback is for a Security Admin position that I'm still really interested in. When I call them back about setting up a 2nd interview, should I mention that I'm currently working? I'm not sure if telling them I took a Desktop job will help me or hurt me.

Comments

• Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    smg1138 wrote: »
    So, I got a callback on Friday from a company I interviewed with 2 months ago. The thing is, I've already started another job since then. I took a Desktop Support job a little over a month ago because I needed the paycheck, but this callback is for a Security Admin position that I'm still really interested in. When I call them back about setting up a 2nd interview, should I mention that I'm currently working? I'm not sure if telling them I took a Desktop job will help me or hurt me.

Tell them you appreciate the HR goon taking time out of his golf game to call you back, and you're still interested in the position.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Definitely at least see how far you get. It sucks when someone starts a job then leaves a few months later but you can't fault someone for taking a better opportunity.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If they took two months to call back part of me thinks they hired a person and either they fired him or the guy quit. I got a call back 6 weeks after an interview and they told me the guy they hired did not work out and asked if I was interested. I said no thank you. Was tempted to say "you canned a guy a month after you hire him and you expect me to just jump on it?" lol
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    If they took two months to call back part of me thinks they hired a person and either they fired him or the guy quit. I got a call back 6 weeks after an interview and they told me the guy they hired did not work out and asked if I was interested. I said no thank you. Was tempted to say "you canned a guy a month after you hire him and you expect me to just jump on it?" lol

Do you expect them to keep someone that isn't working out? I think thats a sign of a company that knows what they are looking for and gets the kind of people that can do the job. Sounds like the kind of place I'd want to work.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.