The deed is done

DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
Ok, first of all... That really sucked. I answered 30% of the questions on the first go around. Luckily I did pass, by a decent margain too. 841.

There is lots more work to do. I'll probably keep up with the 293 for the rest of the week just to feel comfortable with everything before moving on. A lot of my answers were educated guesses. Knock off 2 of the answers and go back and forth between the other 2 before I decided which was the better option. The simulations saved me. 10 of those and I know that at least 7 or 8 of them I did right and pretty confident in the others. NLB/Clustering really hurt, I suspect because I never created clusters in my lab and was 100% going off the Nuggets and some reading. I also got tripped up with some of the compatibility issues of older operating systems, but I think my educated guessing paid off in that area.

icon_cheers.gif Relieved that this is behind me and I can forget about the test, but I will spend some more time reviewing and move onto the 294 next week.
Decide what to be and go be it.

Comments

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the good score!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Dude, you had me worried with your doom and gloom! Good work.
  • -Foxer--Foxer- Member Posts: 151
  • willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    Congrats man and a very nice score at that. I had a second round with the 294 today and slipped by.
  • DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job! On to the next one!
    The command line, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age
  • apoole15apoole15 Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very nicely done! icon_thumright.gif
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Congrats on the pass! See you in the 294 section. Just wondering, on the NLB/Clustering, you said you didn't lad those. Was that due to needing multiple Nic cards on VM's with a laptop?

I ran into that problem until I found an old pcmcia card that was sitting on the shelf here at work. Once it was installed, I got it set right and clustering worked like a champ.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I suppose I don't really have any excuse for not labbing it. I don't have any boxes, but I could have set it up in VMware. I just felt it was going to take more time to set up and test than I would get out of it. (I did set up a basic 2 node NLB cluster about 6 months ago, but I never examined it). I chose to focus my time and energy elsewhere.

It was something that I intended to get to, but like I said in another post, this last week has been crazy and there are a lot of things that I didn't get to that I wanted to. One of the reasons I am not quite giving up on the topic, even though I have the piece of paper.
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! What is your plan for design and your elective once you complete 294?
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
    powerfool wrote: »
    Congrats! What is your plan for design and your elective once you complete 294?

298, I'm going for the security specialty. So it looks like I'm going to be shooting for 294 near the end of November, and get the 298 in by the end of the year so that I can complete the 299 in like the first week of 2011.
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good job! 841 is not a bad score at all, and as they say a pass is a pass. :D I'll be taking 293 in about a month so I'll be sure to lab MSCS and NLB scenarios.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    NLB/Clustering really hurt

Id take that over RRAS anyday.

Good job on the pass, good score too. I was shooting for the end of the month but I havent studied in about a week. Are you trying to get 294 and 298 done by the end of the year?
    phoeneous wrote: »
    Id take that over RRAS anyday.

Good job on the pass, good score too. I was shooting for the end of the month but I havent studied in about a week. Are you trying to get 294 and 298 done by the end of the year?

The 291 nuggets had 4 or 5 nuggets devoted to RRAS. The 293 nuggets had 2, if that gives you an idea of how much RRAS is stressed.
  • Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    Huge congrats dude!