bad news bears

VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
CCNP SWITCH 642-813 Official Certification Guide

This book doesn't seem to get very found reviews on Amazon, anyone care to chime in? I just ordered it
.ιlι..ιlι.
CISCO
"A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures

Comments

• bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    I've been reading it on Cisco's TKL and all I can say is it is very "light" compared to BCMSN self-study guide, but I've always liked the self-study guides over the official exam guides. I haven't taken the test yet - and I am comparing BCMSN books to the SWITCH book.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    anyone care to chime in? I just ordered it
    Did you already read the Foundation book?

Most people who complain about the book seem to have skipped learning the exam topics first with the Foundation book and have just jumped to the "review book."

If you've been working for a Cisco Business Partner and have experience at lots of different customer sites with lots of different implementations and have experience with all the exam topics listed in the exam blueprint, then you might have the knowledge, skills, and experience to jump straight to the Exam Certification Guide. Everyone else should probably start with the Foundation book and then follow it up with the Exam Certification Guide -- especially if they are seeing most of the exam topics for the first time.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I do work for a Cisco bizz partner but I have not had the engineer spot for very long. The foundation book looks like a good way to go since I am in no real rush to get this exam. Thanks dudeicon_thumright.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    I do work for a Cisco bizz partner
    Make sure you check out the Partner eLearning resources.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    I'd just like to say that the book has crap reviews because it doesn't cover all the content that appears on the exam. If you read the threads over at the CLN, then you'll see that the author himself has said that Cisco has made the exam conform to a beta blueprint of the exam, not the one on the site that Hucaby wrote the book after. He has some additional materials on his blog to add to some of the things people have been asked about on the exam - like IP SLA, and some other bits and pieces.

When I originally sat the exam the only book that was available was the Exam Cert Guide, and I found it very incomplete. I have been told though that it will be updated with all the missing stuff later on.

Now, that Foundation Guide seems interesting though!
  • *BB**BB* Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have, and use both. Foundation guide is the primary resource, and then I hit the cert guide as a supplement for a different perspective.
    Procrastinator extraordinaire