Options

upgrading 2800 switchs

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
HI,

For my new job I asked up front about things I should know before I start. Amongst the list it had.

know how to upgrade IOS on 2800, 3750 and 6509 series of switchs.

Now 3750 I have done hundreds of, and 6509 I assume we are talking about upgrading redundant supervisors. So I never had my hands on one but I know the theory, and commmands.

but what about 2800's ? any one ever used these or have some documentation on them. From what I can see they are menu driven??

Cheer

Aaron
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd hope they meant 2800 series routers. The 2800 switches look to be EOL around the '05 - '06 time frame.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    Or do you mean 29xx series switches?
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    well i am assuming my boss said the right thing. and to be honest. 2800 and 2900 are almost the same as upgrading a 3750. so i would not be suprised if he does mean 2800 switches.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.