Options

Resume Critique, Please

pml1pml1 Member Posts: 147
Hey everyone, I've been throwing my resume out at a several job postings lately, and so far I'm getting nothing. I've found a systems analyst position with a large company in the area that sounds perfect for me. I made some pretty hefty changes to my resume in hopes of catching someone's attention to get an interview. I think this job would be a huge opportunity for me, so I don't want to blow it because of a flawed resume.

If anyone has a couple of moments to offer any resume suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.

Comments

• Options
    phobix wrote: »
    wow, I really like the look of your resume. it looks very professional

Thanks! Feel free to mimic the layout if you want. I don't charge royalties icon_wink.gif
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
  • Options
    SubnettingGoddessSubnettingGoddess Member Posts: 108
    Current job should be present tense. And I'd change "Worked with" to "Collaborate with." ANd maybe spell out Visual Basic before you abbreviate. I think it looks good otherwise other than my personal preference for san serif, especially trebuchet. :)
    OK, I confess, I do have one certification. I am an ACIA - Arcsight Certified Integrator/Administrator. But it's awarded for attending the class. Woot. And while it's a fine skill to have, my interests lay elsewhere.
  • Options
    Current job should be present tense. And I'd change "Worked with" to "Collaborate with." ANd maybe spell out Visual Basic before you abbreviate. I think it looks good otherwise other than my personal preference for san serif, especially trebuchet. :)

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I especially like the "Collaborated with" idea. I'll play with the font too and see how some sans serif fonts look with my layout. I'm not sure why, but I've always gravitated towards serif fonts for pretty much everything. Thanks again!