TSHOOT Scheduled..

CCNAwannabeCCNAwannabe Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
Scheduled for Nov. 1st. I will let you guys know how it goes! Hopefully I can do some celebrating after this one!!

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

Make sure you do Halloween candy in moderation the night before -- you don't want a candy hangover (or sugar rush/withdrawal or low blood sugar) for the exam. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I was working in my laboratory late one night....

Good luck man

:)
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    4 days? You believe 4 days is enough time to prep for an NP level exam? I'll ask the obvious question... what **** are you using?
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • CCNAwannabeCCNAwannabe Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikearama wrote: »
    4 days? You believe 4 days is enough time to prep for an NP level exam? I'll ask the obvious question... what **** are you using?

No, I know the material and have been troubleshooting networks for quite some time. I'm at a point to where if I can't troubleshoot a network I shouldn't be a CCNP.

I really studied my butt off for SWITCH and ROUTE, plus i've always been a good problem solver at my job. I'm going to see if I can pass, obviously no guarantees. If I fail I'll know what I'm lacking and I'll hit those areas.
    You know better than to compare "real life" with an NP level exam... there's very little between the two.

I'm almost at 11 years as a network admin, and I continue to be amazed at the level of detail the exams expect you to know that "real life" would never prepare you for.

Just saying.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271

Thats a pretty rude comment. This is a test that you can pass without much prep work. I can imagine that anybody who has worked in a high level NOC environment can easily pass this test with little prep.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    shodown wrote: »
    Thats a pretty rude comment. This is a test that you can pass without much prep work. I can imagine that anybody who has worked in a high level NOC environment can easily pass this test with little prep.

Bro, it was a question... and an obvious one at that. I guess I just don't care what you think enough NOT to ask it.

And all I can say is... Whatever! If you believe NP level exams are that easy, well, that's your opinion. I believe thinking 4 days is sufficient time to prep for one is nothing short of ridiculous. Unless someone's dumping, of course. Then 4 days is perfect.

You know better than to compare "real life" with an NP level exam... there's very little between the two.

I'm almost at 11 years as a network admin, and I continue to be amazed at the level of detail the exams expect you to know that "real life" would never prepare you for.

Just saying.

I know what you are saying, but I just got done studing ROUTE and SWITCH with the detail I have never before needed.. It's still fresh and I'm good at troubleshooting, there's a chance I don't pass, but I would rather know in 4 days what I need to work on if anything, than wait a month and still not know. If you have looked at the T-Shoot book it's a review of ROUTE and SWITCH with stuff like knowing how to do a traceroute oh and pinging.. yeah they show you how to do a ping in the TSHOOT book.. so I'm going to go take the damn thing and I'll let you know how I do.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Bro, it was a question... and an obvious one at that. I guess I just don't care what you think enough NOT to ask it.

And all I can say is... Whatever! If you believe NP level exams are that easy, well, that's your opinion. I believe thinking 4 days is sufficient time to prep for one is nothing short of ridiculous. Unless someone's dumping, of course. Then 4 days is perfect.

It took me over a year to get my CCNP. The TSHOOT exam I felt was the easiest due to my time at the NOC. With that said he said he put in the time for ROUTE/SWITCH. If someone has already done that much prep work I feel that they can knock out the exam. Also some people Brain's Operate at a higher level RPM than others; as a example Scott Morris was able to pass his CISSP just off experience and going to take the test. Some people are just smart like that. Lets no be so quick to accuse others of cheating on there exams.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    4 days? You believe 4 days is enough time to prep for an NP level exam?

from the looks of things it seems like most people immediately (within a week or so) take the TSHOOT exam after finishing off the 2nd CCNP exam. that is definitely my plan once i finish up SWITCH.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The old Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting (CIT) Certification Guide for the old old CCNP is the smallest of all my Cisco Certification Guide Books -- and even a lot of that was just a condensed repeat of the troubleshooting content from studying for the old BSCI & BCMSN & BCRAN exams. There was just a little bit of "new" material on Cisco's troubleshooting methodology.

It made sense back then to study for the Troubleshooting exam while preparing for the other exams -- and it makes sense to start studying for the TSHOOT exam the first day you pick up the ROUTE or SWITCH books.

After you've finished the first CCNP 2 exams, it should only take a review of your troubleshooting notes from the first 2 exams and maybe just a little bit of lab review for any problem topics you had from your ROUTE/SWITCH studies/exams.

The only additional lab work you might do for TSHOOT is setting up the published topology so that you become familiar with it and the addressing and routing protocols.

The only reason preparing for TSHOOT might take more than a couple of weeks (or maybe a month) would be if you dumped the first two exams or didn't bother to study the troubleshooting topics while preparing for the ROUTE/SWITCH exams.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503

I took the TSHOOT, and tbh if I had scheduled to take it right after the BCMSN without any practice, I would have passed it.

The TSHOOT is solely about applying what you have learnt in the routing and switching books, so if you have already been labbing like hell, then its a very easy exam.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□

Sounds like it took you longer than 4 days to study for TSHOOT and now you're pissed because you figured there was no way someone could legitimately do it that quickly. Now that your assumption has been proven wrong, you don't want to admit defeat.

Discretion is the better part of valor. Think about it and apologize to the guy....jeez
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
    Sounds like it took you longer than 4 days to study for TSHOOT and now you're pissed because you figured there was no way someone could legitimately do it that quickly. Now that your assumption has been proven wrong, you don't want to admit defeat.

Nothing has been proven. I can't prove he uses ****... he hasn't proved he isn't. Which is why it is posed as a question.

And I haven't sat the exam... I only know what I've seen from the dozen cisco exams I've sat what they are like.

However, I can see that I was hasty, and judged where I ought not to have. My apologies, CW.

Nothing has been proven. I can't prove he uses ****... he hasn't proved he isn't. Which is why it is posed as a question.

And I haven't sat the exam... I only know what I've seen from the dozen cisco exams I've sat what they are like.

However, I can see that I was hasty, and judged where I ought not to have. My apologies, CW.

Don't apologize, It's cool man, I could understand your stance, and without knowing my experience I could see why you would think that. If I didn't think I knew the material and wasn't a great troubleshooter to begin with, I wouldn't be taking this dude on Monday. No hard feelings man.
    Don't apologize, It's cool man, I could understand your stance, and without knowing my experience I could see why you would think that. If I didn't think I knew the material and wasn't a great troubleshooter to begin with, I wouldn't be taking this dude on Monday. No hard feelings man.

You're a gentleman, bro.

Good luck on Monday.

Good luck on Monday.

Thanks, I hope I don't need it! =P