Options

Passed CCNA Wireless today.

hhasundhhasund Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed with a fairly good score. icon_cheers.gif

Like someone wrote in an earlier post, this was a surprisingly easy exam compared to the other Cisco exams I have taken. But a pass is a pass, and I did enjoy learning about wireless networking in general, and Ciscos own way of doing things.

I am considering taking CWNA and maybe CWSP next, while my wireless knowledge is still fresh :)

Anyway, I have used Ciscos own Study Guide (it's ok), Todd Lamlies Study guide for Sybex (Excellent!), and I used videos from YouTube (see earlier post) to get some extra information on LWAPP, EAP and Security.

We also have a WCS installation at work, and a couple of extra Lightweght APs to play around with. But to be honest, hands on is just a bonus for this exam, and in now way mandatory...

Ah, it's nice to pass on a friday. I feel the pub calling for me.

Comments

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hhasund wrote: »
    Ah, it's nice to pass on a friday. I feel the pub calling for me.

Enjoy your pass... drunken_smilie.gif CONGRATS on the exam... good luck with your future icon_study.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats,

After doing both CWNA, CWSP and currently studying for CCNA I am pretty surprised that Cisco strays from the 802.11-2007 doctrine in the official study guide. I am being nit picky though, with your knowledge I am sure you will have no problem with any of the CWNP exams.

Cheers
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • Options
    essclubessclub Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Enjoy your Celebration!! drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.