Passed Net+ today

over9000over9000 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
I really thought I failed, so I'm happy with my score. I got a 796. As a complete noob with no networking experience, I'm pretty pleased. I used Todd Lammle's Network+ Study Guide Deluxe as my only resource. In hindsight I probably should have used some more resources, the exam was much harder than Lammle's questions.

Now on to Security +, need to finish up the CompTIA trinity by the end of the year!!!

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with your Security+ studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • lockdnloadedlockdnloaded Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats that's quite a big deal with only one resource and no experience. Good job.
  • lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats well done and more power icon_thumright.gif

I went to take mine today but the Prometric server at the testing center was down and I have to wait till next week Friday because of my schedule icon_sad.gif
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,
  • chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took mine about 3 months ago and I'm also a noob. I also used the Lammle as my main reference. However, in addition I used the Myers practice exams (700 questions), Preplogic, and uCertify practice exams. I know I over prepared but that's just my nature (I'm an engineer by degree). All this prep probably explains my 865. Anyway, congrats on your pass icon_thumright.gif. For Security, you should definitely get the Gibson book! Start cracking and you should have enough time to get it.
  • Mike_30Mike_30 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    over9000 wrote: »
    I really thought I failed, so I'm happy with my score. I got a 796. As a complete noob with no networking experience, I'm pretty pleased. I used Todd Lammle's Network+ Study Guide Deluxe as my only resource. In hindsight I probably should have used some more resources, the exam was much harder than Lammle's questions.

Now on to Security +, need to finish up the CompTIA trinity by the end of the year!!!

Congrats. What did you use on A+? Is your Net + book the current one? Want to sell it? icon_thumright.gif
  • choustonchouston Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed my security plus exam last week and i was told it was harder than netwrok plus.
  • K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    over9000 wrote: »

Well done!