Finally PASSED yesterday

wantolearnwantolearn Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi.
Thank all who commented. I passed Network+ yesterday with the minimum score 720. My project manager had told us that those who did not pass this test by October will say goodbye to their jobs. Although, DOD 8570.1 states that those working in IT must be certified by the end of this year, he used pressure tactics to make us get this certification sooner.

Now my next goal is Security+, all comments are welcomed.

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! A pass is a pass no matter what the score.
    Good luck on the Sec+.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass! As for security+, from what I've gathered from others on this site, Darril's book seems to be the most recommended for self-study.

As was said above, a pass is a pass, enjoy it and take a break before diving into the next one. Just my $.02.
  • InTrainingInTraining Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass. I am going to start studying for this test today. What study guide did you use? How many questions is on the actual test. Good luck on security +.
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    congradulations network + really seems to be alot of info i am glad it is at least interesting have been studying cbtnuggats do not know about their training for security + but everything i have seen from them is topnotch
  • lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats bud more power to you I have a week till mine kinda nervous icon_neutral.gif lol
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!! I didn't know managers were on the requirements so fast haha. It is getting towards the end of the year though.
  • K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Good luck as you continue your Comptia trek.
  • wantolearnwantolearn Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mike Meyers and Todd Lammle Network plus certification books.
    Professor Messor Network plus video tutorials.

It can be done.
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Congratulations and I feel for those who will lose their jobs because of not passing the exam.
  • krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    OMG, u passed with the exact score. Congratulations icon_thumright.gif
  • IT NerdIT Nerd Registered Users Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Someone once said, if you got more than the minimum score....you studied too much.
    We know you can't study too much, but congrats!
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! good luck on the security+
  • simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
  • emma13emma13 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your success
  • tdk55tdk55 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @ congrats on your pass. Your certified for life.Period. I just started studying for the Network + this week after getting my Security + 5 days ago with 873. As for Darrell's book the best. And if you just study and take good notes, you should be good.