Passed Security+ !

SyntaxSyntax Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I took the Security+ yesterday and passed with a score of 855. I used Darril Gibson's book primarily (great resource), and some internalized prep software that my company uses.

I must say that the test was a lot more challenging than I thought it would be. Although the structure of the questions were simple, there were many that had more than one choice that was technically "correct" and it was difficult to decide which was the BEST answer.

So now with Security+ out of the way, my next step will probably be Network+ (just to complete the CompTIA trifecta). Then, I'm thinking of going with CCNA:Security.

Comments

• superman859superman859 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Great score. Your experience with the test is almost identical to mine.
    Degrees: B.S. Computer Science, B.S. Mathematics

Certifications: Network+, Security+

In-Progress: M.S. Computer Science, CEH
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Congratulations..

Man, with all of these "passing" posts, I sure hope it will rub off on me this coming saturday...:D
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!

And you can do it cbsharpe!
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations..

Man, with all of these "passing" posts, I sure hope it will rub off on me this coming saturday...:D

I was wondering when you were going to take the exam....lol. :) You'll do fine!

To Syntax,

CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the club! icon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif
  • lockdnloadedlockdnloaded Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with the Net+
  • RVGiancarloRVGiancarlo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Taking my cert Tues to complete my trifecta. Didn't think the A+ nor Net+ were too bad when I took them. I'm guessing this should be much the same. Then moving on to CCNA. Took the Cisco Academy classes and been dragging my feet to get the cert.
  • chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□