Good books on ASA and FWSM

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
If anyone can recommend good books that are current in terms of firewall versions for ASA and FWSM or ACE please add links. Im considering what to buy.

Cheers

Comments

• mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    I'm partial to the Cisco ASA, PIX and FWSM Firewall Handbook by Hucaby.

Edit: I should have mentioned, the 2nd Edition. It uses ASA 8 and FWSM 3.2, so you'll find it relevant.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • god_of_thundergod_of_thunder Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I really liked Deal's book -
    Cisco ASA Configuration

It has the best explanation on MPF.
    Get JNCIA-Junos by Dec 31st.
    Then pursue the loftiest goal ever.
  • johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    +1 on Deals book.
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Make that +2. I finally got around to reading it last month. It's definitely top of my list now. You'll find it better coming from a R&S background, he starts with the ASA's routing functions which is totally at odds with most other guides. I found this odd at first and then it clicked that he was aiming to ease people in from CCNA level, start with familiar material.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?